Author Topic: Raritan Bay or IBSP  (Read 2227 times)

Offline brian8980

• The Gimper
Raritan Bay or IBSP
« on: February 21, 2010, 02:41:34 PM »
I was at the Surf Casters Shower yesterday at Brookdale College and the seminars were VERY good.  Once question that I have is, and will make it into a poll:
Do you think it is better to surf/shore fish for striper's in the Raritan bay or in IBSP and if it is a matter of when, which one do you think would be better and when.  I have my opinions and would like to hear the more experienced guys on this one considering I have never caught a striper (it will end this spring)

Gimper
The trouble with fishing is it was better before you got there, and after you left.
When in doubt...exaggerate

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Raritan Bay or IBSP
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 02:56:21 PM »
I think where there is water there are fish!  If you learn the water and the habitat, you will increase your chances of catching.  Whether that habitat is the Raritan, IBSP, Cape May, etc...if you get familiar with it and get to know where fish hold, when and what they are feeding on and their many other habits, you will catch fish.  As long as you have access to these areas you have a chance to catch fish.

I think at any given time, someone is catching fish in the Raritan and in IBSP equally, especially from shore.  If you were talking about where to dock or put a boat in...I would say the Raritan area because there is just more opportunity.  However, from shore, I think you have just as much access and just as much structure.  You are talking about 2 different types of water, though.  Each one has it's time or times to be fished and will hold fish at different times of the years.

So, IMO, if you want to catch a fish, just go fishing...as much as you can.  The more you fish, the more you have a better chance of catching.

TT^

Offline Jeffish

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 03:01:37 PM »
Well said, and I agree with you. IBSP may have a better chance of catching a striper in a certain month, but same will go for the raritan.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 03:40:02 PM »
I agree with everything said, but if I has my choice it would be based on convenience.  I am only a few minutes away from IBSPso that would be my first choice.  The Raritan is an excellent area for stripers but I would rather put comfort ans convenience in front of catching maybe 1 or 2 more fish off the beach. 

That is just me.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline FinItalia

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 03:47:08 PM »
 slt I agree-both depending what time of year.
Watch for reports and pictures on this site.

Offline WATSNEXT

• zee zeeee zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 04:08:25 PM »
 whs
Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.”
- Robert N. Rose

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 12:36:58 PM »
 whs
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-