Author Topic: Returning "Home"  (Read 2110 times)

Offline PhishPhanatic

• Full Member of the Den
  • Yak Attack
Returning "Home"
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:51:48 AM »
Grew up in Oaklyn/Collingswood area, after high school joined the military. Here in the next couple weeks I'm returning to Jersey- in search of work of course. I have 6 months experience on a commercial crabbing boat out of Moss Landing CA- and a short lifetime of experience with rod and reel fishing (i'm 23 going on 24). Spent 3 years in Hawaii "Offshore" fishing about 5 miles off the coast. Hawaii also introduced me to Kayak Fishing (awesome sport in Hawaii- check out AquaHunters online). In the Army I was a Forward Observer- along with infantry troops I would direct air support, artillery/mortar fires, airstikes, and medical evacuations. My stregnths are land navigation/map reading and radio communications- with only six months experience I realize this may be considered a long shot, but this is what I love and what I want to do with my life. I'm in really good shape training constantly for mixed martial arts. Honestly ANY fishing position will do (charter, commercial, tackle repair), Any advice/contacts are greatly appreciated.
Martin Flynn
MWFlynn@inbox.com
808-284-7318
"Fish for a man- he'll eat for one day. Teach a man to fish- he'll be able to eat for a lifetime."

Offline Jeffish

Re: Returning "Home"
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 11:57:18 AM »
Welcome home! Good luck on the job search, and welcome to NJSWF.

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:07:51 PM »
Welcome home, thank you for your service to our country slt

If looking for a position on a boat I would make personal contact with the capts in the area(s) you might want to work at. t^

Offline PhishPhanatic

• Full Member of the Den
  • Yak Attack
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 12:24:26 PM »
Appreciate the advice Capt Bob.
Already emailed a load of charter/party boats that I could find listed. Until I actually get back there, its all online/phone which I hate. I think my luck will most likely come from walking the docks like I did for my crabbing job in Cali. If you/anyone knows someone looking for a crew member, I'd greatly appreciate a hint/word.

Like my grandpa always told me: "Fish for a man he'll eat for one day, Teach a man to fish he'll be able to eat for a lifetime"
"Fish for a man- he'll eat for one day. Teach a man to fish- he'll be able to eat for a lifetime."

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-