Author Topic: Hunter 2 10/13 report  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Hunter 2 10/13 report
« on: October 13, 2008, 08:05:56 PM »
Left dock around 6:20am looking for Striper's. water temp was 63 deg with a SW wind. Did some trolling around Old Orchard light all the way to the ocean side of the hook. At the hook 3 old timers in a small center console cruised too close behind us and stripped away  all my line and Shad umbrella rig off one pole. I was waving them away but they waved back as if to say hello >:( rgmn.  Thats going to cost me $50 to replace. :-\   We noticed some birds working along the beach and spent a couple hours chasing and jigging small blues in the 3 to 5 pound range. The beach was quite scenic with many nude chubby men walking around. :P :P Then along comes the same 3 old timers speeding towards me and the birds. They slowed down beside me, I thought to apologize,, But only asked what we were catching. :-\
 Out of respect for the elders I bit my lip about what happened earlier and waved goodbye and good luck to them. I'm sure when they put there boat on the trailer they will notice the 250 yards of line around the prop shaft.
  We later moved to the inside of the hook and drifted with worms and clams. we only landed some sand sharks and sea robbins. We called it a day and got back to the dock at 3:30pm
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
Re: Hunter 2 10/13 report
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 08:11:19 PM »
Great job keeping your cool...  chrz
That had to be tough; I would have struggled with that.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 08:15:38 PM »
You Are A Gentleman! t^

Offline Fishonw/Ron

• Sponsor
    • Custom Boat lettering
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 08:17:58 PM »
 :-X slt

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 08:20:26 PM »
Nice report Eddie.

$50 for new line and umbrella is nothing compared to what he may have to spend for a lower unit seal.  ;D

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 08:37:11 PM »
Great report!  That was very respectful of you slt!  I guess there is always a time and place to give someone a piece of your mind :-X!  They will certainly discover their mistake sooner or later ;)!  I don't know what people's obsession is with getting so close to each other...I had a regular fishing so close to me on the beach last night, I could have turned sideways and kissed him :-*!  As for the fat old naked guys  cfzd rofla!!  Isn't it a little cold to be out there naked still.  I guess if you are that fat you don't worry much about cold weather ;) ;).

TT^

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 08:51:03 PM »
  As for the fat old naked guys  cfzd rofla!!  Isn't it a little cold to be out there naked still.  I guess if you are that fat you don't worry much about cold weather ;) ;).

TT^
Hey Be NIce To US FAT OLD GUYS Follow Eddies lead, it was tough for him biting his tougne but he was able to keep his cool, Some where some how He will be rewarded for being a kind person... slt
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 08:52:13 PM »
Gee Skip,
I thought you were out on your boat today and not on the beach again.  ;D
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 08:55:23 PM »
Gee Skip,
I thought you were out on your boat today and not on the beach again.  ;D
rofla rofla hhppy hhppy
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 08:56:22 PM »
[Hey Be NIce To US FAT OLD GUYS Follow Eddies lead, it was tough for him biting his tougne but he was able to keep his cool, Some where some how He will be rewarded for being a kind person... slt

Hey there is nothing wrong with being fat, like I am, or being old, or even being naked!  But being NAKED, fat and old on a beach in public is NOT COOL rofla!  Like the saying goes, 2 out of 3 isn't bad!!

TT^

Offline FINITALIA2

• 43.8lbs. 49in.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 08:59:27 PM »
 chrz

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 01:03:25 PM »
Good going Eddie,  You just scored some big points with the Big Guy in the Sky.  It seems like this weekend was one for the old guys having problems.  I was copying the mail on ch 68 and heard some harsh talk as I guess there was an older gentleman coming in the Barnegat Inlet with a line of boats at his stern.  The language of some, well lets say if my daughter were around I would have to of turned off the radio.

Then over the radio comes a timid voice of the elderly gent and begs forgiveness and says this is his first time out on his new boat and the first time out and back through the inlet.  Well the chatter stopped and he moved over and then there were numerous accolades by others for his challenge.

I guess it is always better to assess the situation than to condemn it.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-