Author Topic: Boat shopping, like kid in a candy store  (Read 2106 times)

Offline njplayer

• Full Member of the Den
Boat shopping, like kid in a candy store
« on: September 09, 2008, 08:05:48 PM »
It's been awhile since I've been out in the bay. Now after thinking about it for a couple of years I'm going for it. Considering a 21' or so C.C. or possibly a walk around. Looking for something for Raritan bay and possibly as far as the Rocks on a good day. Something sea worth but somewhat economical. I spent about 5 years on a 21' welcraft CC which to me seemed very sea worthy but now after shopping around my head is spinning so many makes and models out there. Any input would be appreciated. Oh yeah I hope to make it to the boat show at Raritan center in Edison at the end of the month just to get some ideas.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Boat shopping, like kid in a candy store
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:16:26 PM »
I was always the fan of a CC.  great fishing machines..  I owned 2 open boats in my life time.  When thinking about purchasing a new boat this year.. A few things helped me make up my mind.

Shelter
Storage
passengers comfort
staying Dry

I always loved MY CC..and they are great fishing machines!!

Nothing like being in the center of that boat and having the wind in your face.  But that wind..  isn't always wind..  or dry..

But I chose this route..
http://redsboats.com/parker.html
 yes the sold one is mine.

Nice 21's there!!.  I been on them t^

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:18:32 PM by Hotrod »

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:22:10 PM »
Remember the most important thing, IT IS A BUYERS MARKET!!!!!!!!

Do your homework, deceided what you need in the boat and begin the search.

DO NO LET YOUR EMOTIONS RUN AWAY WITH YOUR HEAD.

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 08:29:32 PM »
Do your home work and have fun with it....
Good Luck in your search.AJ
 t^

Offline njplayer

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 04:42:21 PM »
That's a beauty hotrod, goodluck with her. I know what you mean about the C.C. boats, probably the only downfall. It has been a concern of mine. At times an all out fishing machine would not be ideal....family and all. I've been checking out the Aquasport walk around lately.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 10:57:17 PM »
I was in the same boat( pardon the pun ) a year ago. I went with a Seaswirl Dual Console. Full canvass and Isenglass keeps wind and water out, but can be removed for a cool breeze if desired. Head, great if you want ladys on board  >:D >:D >:D. Deep V is very seaworthy and proven. Livewell, fresh and saltwater washdowns,pleanty of storage. Four Stroke Outboard is the way to go. The number of available boats is crazy. Just consider what you WANT vs what you  NEED, and then figure what you can afford. You can get some fantastic deals on a used boat, which most include electronics and extras that can add up to big $$$ .If you purchase a new boat that has nothing, you add these items to the already high price. Good Luck and think things over carefully. Remember, at the boat shows, you can put a deposit down pending a sea trial. You can always use the sea trial to get out of the deal ,if nesessary. <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Byzandula

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 12:29:48 PM »
Not trying to hijack the thread, but are there many aluminum boat options? I was on board a 24' hewescraft alaskan this summer in the chilly alaskan waters and found it to be a great fishing rig. And it had a front cabin (similar to parker) which was nice to keep out the elements. Anyone know the pros-cons about aluminum?

This is the craft I am referring to:

http://www.hewescraft.com/2007/alaskan/index.html

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 12:37:25 PM »
I have owned about 10 boats in my time,I am now running a sea hunt and I have got to say it is a great boat for the dollar,I did some shopping around and came back to it ,I have over 50-60 trips on her this season and can say she handled every one of them great .I would w/o a doubt buy another one ,I bought her from lightin jacks in brick and they have treated me very well w/ everything I have needed and more.

Offline captainbailey

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 03:42:33 PM »
my dad and I own a 2000 210 victory by sea hunt with a 135 opti. Great boat for everything we do, including hitting the inshore wrecks even on some of the snotty days. Very light boat. 
Z

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-