Author Topic: Fishing at night  (Read 2442 times)

Offline pktaske

• Still Small Voice
Fishing at night
« on: July 21, 2007, 11:31:40 AM »
A lot of guys don't but a lot do. I want to plan a striper trip but my main hang up is seeing debris in the water. What's the best way to be safe out there at night?

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fishing at night
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 11:57:49 AM »
Use your radar and maintain your night vision by not having any cbin deck lights where they interfere with you.......you would be surprised on how well you can when your eyes adapt. t^

Offline CAPT. JOHN K.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 05:32:01 PM »

You could replace any of your cockpit lights with RED ones. This will help your night vision. All airdraft instrument lights are lit in RED just for that reason.
                    Capt. John K.
"Fishing," as close to heaven as I'll ever get!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 06:03:59 PM »
Besides the lighting issue, just keep a slow pace when you are on the water.  No need to hurry to any spots at night.  You don't need to crawl but there's no need to put the hammer down either.  You will see guys going as fast at night as they do during the day.  Don't be like one of them.  You can bump it up a notch when you get some experience and confidence running at night.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 12:04:52 AM »
I love night trips! we have a spreader that rotates and goes up or down. great for spotting bouys in the bay on the way in or out. otherwise a hand held spotlight is good to have but the reflection off the rails can really suck. the hardcore go as far as wrapping thier rails in black foam.
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-