Author Topic: Sat June 19th & Sun June 20th Reports  (Read 7190 times)

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
Sat June 19th & Sun June 20th Reports
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:11:43 AM »
Sat Met my friend Steve in Riverdale at 4am.1st stop Bait & Boat in Stanhope.Picked up 4 Doz. Herring & drove to Merrill Creek.

Arrived at Merrill Creek Launch ramp at 5:45 am.

Steve Launched his Monark & off we went.

We slow trolled Live Herring because there was no wind.4 lines out & at 6:11 am I was hooked up with a peeler.I faught the fish and it was a 17" Smallie.Took a pic & release the fish.I bait up again and with in Seconds my ultra light rod is getting slammed.2nd fish on & this was another peeler but I knew it wasn't a Smallie.I faught the fish and Steve netted our 1st Holdover Brown that measured 19" and the fished weighed 3 lbs.I bait up again and hooked up again with the same rod.This time it was a stockie.Cut the line released the stockie & tied on a new hook.Baited up agian & the same rod gets hit again.The Fish were 20 ft down  ;) I faught the fish & once again it was a stockie.I looked at Steve & said WTF aren't you going to catch today  ;D  No sooner did I say that Steve ultra light set up was doubled over.Steve faught the Fish and let me tell you I thought the Smallie I caught was nice but the One Steve caught was a lunker.Steve released the smallie & baited up again.20 minutes goes by & Steve is hooked up again & his reel was screaming.I got the net ready & Steve boated the 1st laker of the day that went 19" and weighed 3 lbs.Steve baits up again and within 10 minutes he's hooked up with something even bigger.Steve faught the fish & once again I got the net ready.Steve got the fish close to the boat and I look down & I saw another laker.I netted the laker & this one measured 22" and weighed 4.5 lbs.Now we had a Brown in the Cooler & 2 Lakers.We continued drifting but all me were catching was stockies & we were losing hooks. Steve says Art lets anchor up.We drop anchor in 80 ft of water set out 6 lines and start chumming ground up herring and we had lakers & Browns all around the Boat.For the next hr it was lights out Trouting.

At noon we called it a day.

Sat night my son Andrew came over & we went out for dinner.

Sun morning we both woke up & 5am & met up with Steve in Riverdale.1st stop Franks for Herring.After we stopped for Herring Steve got us to Waywayanda State Park in no time.Launched Steve's Monark & off we went.Once again there was no wind so we had to slow troll the herring (aka Force the action) 3 rods start dancing and we had 3 stockies on.For the next 3 hrs we caught lots of Stockie Browns.All keepers but no holdovers.At 11am we called it a day and I turned to Andrew & Steve and said Wings are on me let's go to The Pioneer.

A great Fathers day it was !

Pictures to Follow.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:13:03 AM by Art Berkman »

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
Re: Sat June 19th & Sun June 20th Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:36:46 AM »
Art,you had a great W/E of fishing,big smallies and trout for lots of action,you had a great fathers day.looking forward to the pics t^  Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:37:58 AM »
Nice sweetwater safari there Art  clp You're a force to reckoned with in any venue  TT^  chrz

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 03:06:03 PM »
Great report, art u let the stockies go with the hook still in them? If so, why????? Maybe I read something wrong...
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 03:20:41 PM »
great report Art.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 03:30:35 PM »
Merrill Creek is a beutiful place.

If you keep your eye out, there's a nesting pair of Bald Eagles up there. Awesome sight.

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 07:34:42 AM »
Pictures from Merrill Creek

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 07:36:28 AM by Art Berkman »

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 07:42:03 AM »
Great report, art u let the stockies go with the hook still in them? If so, why????? Maybe I read something wrong...

A keeper Trout is 15" at Merrill Creek.

A majority of the stockies we catch the hooks are deep so we cut the leader off and the Trout swims away.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 07:43:51 AM by Art Berkman »

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 07:46:54 AM »
Merrill Creek is a beutiful place.

If you keep your eye out, there's a nesting pair of Bald Eagles up there. Awesome sight.

There is nothing like Merrill Creek  t^

When we fish that side of the reservoir we always see the Bald Eagles.

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 08:20:10 AM »
Some nice fish there.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 09:13:47 AM »
OH ok Art! Did not know that, that is good to know. It makes sense because any yanking or trying to get the hook out when its in those intestines will just end up killing the fish anyway. Im sure they die either way though.

Where is Merril Creek? I'd love to get out there on my dads boat maybe friday....  t^

Great pictures BTW, nice fish!
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 09:31:45 AM »
OH ok Art! Did not know that, that is good to know. It makes sense because any yanking or trying to get the hook out when its in those intestines will just end up killing the fish anyway. Im sure they die either way though.

Where is Merril Creek? I'd love to get out there on my dads boat maybe friday....  t^

Great pictures BTW, nice fish!

Below is info on Merrill Creek.

http://www.merrillcreek.com/boatandfish.html

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 01:24:22 PM »
Nice trip Art...great job on the pictures t^

Offline brijones1

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 03:17:35 PM »
nice job guys TT^
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-