Author Topic: Reading The Surf  (Read 1558 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Reading The Surf
« on: November 20, 2012, 10:17:44 AM »
After Sandy many beaches have drastically changed. The cuts,breaks and holes are not there. many beach Surf features are now shallow and flat- No Features. Jetty Cuts and Back cuts will have to be found again. Learn how to read the surf from what I saw in Ocean Grove where some were trying and Long Branch most were just wasting time where the bottom was flat and waves breaking 100 yards or more from shore if that's possible when its fishing. Catching is another thing. Good Luck 

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Reading The Surf
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:30:47 AM »
Its not hard to learn this lesson.  Look for the small changes they could hold bait fish which will eventually attract larger predatory fish.

Here is a small piece that will get you started if you need help.  Practice makes perfect though. 

http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/forums/index.php?topic=3964.0

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Re: Reading The Surf
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 07:10:20 PM »
 chrz Paul Thanks for the follow up. many will learn from it. I see many surf Fishermen that just cast and hope, Many spots I had are now gone. but new ones will be created, as most do on a regular basis. Beach replenishment ruins many for a period of time till cuts and troughs are made. I brought it up because I saw many fishing Flat featureless surf this week, The bay shore was my choice for Fall and spring Bass and Blues from the beach's Dead sticking bait. but will skip it till spring as well as out front. No ambition to even try. Bill

Bait shops along RT 35-36 all have bait and are open.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-