Author Topic: Fishguts 6/10 Capt combo(bay/ocean)  (Read 683 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts 6/10 Capt combo(bay/ocean)
« on: June 10, 2011, 07:36:50 PM »
Today I had the pleasure of having Frank, Bennie and Rob out for a capt combo trip. Great conditions and even better company with these fisherman. I was scratching my head the night before the trip trying to come up with a game plan for action and some meat in the box. The  best bay bite and most consistant seabassing has been about 20 miles from each other. With a full belly of fuel,plenty of tackle options and a run and gun game plan we set off in glass calm conditions. The first flat in the bay had good water, plenty of bait and a few hungry blues. The size could of been a little bit bigger but any hungry fish is nice. The guys played catch and release for a couple hours and enjoyed the site of fish crashing plugs in the skinny water. Next it was off to the wrecks. The plan was to check a few local spots for life and if it was not happening push the throttles down and make the long run north to the area that has been providing more consistent action. Well a good day was even better as the first drop had steady action and a nice mix of 2 lb fish. The guys hammered the weenies and boxed dinner. The guys are now bottomfishing converts. A short stop back in the bay gave some action with short fluke but nothing great...... Great combo action with 20 nice tasty seabass for dinner.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 07:39:18 PM by Capt. Birch »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-