Author Topic: want to work on a charter soon  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Njoffshore Sheck

want to work on a charter soon
« on: August 21, 2011, 06:35:18 PM »
hello im 15 and always liked offshore fishing and inshore fishing alot. and also always wanted to work on a charter. does anybody kno how old you must be to work on a charter boat. please pm me or post ur comment
my goal... catching three world record fish by the time im 20... hmmm only 4 1/4 years to go, better get on that asap

Offline Njoffshore Sheck

Re: want to work on a charter soon
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 07:05:57 PM »
 5hrug anyone ???
my goal... catching three world record fish by the time im 20... hmmm only 4 1/4 years to go, better get on that asap

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 07:37:09 PM »
From my experiacne and this is going back 15+ years ago it was 16. But before all of that, you need experiance, you would need to know someone in the industry to get on any boat big or small charter, party boats or commercial boats.

Like i said this was 15+ years ago most charter boats only have a mate with 4 or more people,that usually is a family member.

The bigger boats have mates thats been fishing with them for years and years like a second family. Most wont give up their spot any way!

If you are serious about working on a boat, I would suggest going down the docks(all the docks) and start up a convo. and go from there! Cant hurt  to ask, Good Luck to you hope you get your chance! slt
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Njoffshore Sheck

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:26:35 PM »
 TT^ thanks if that does go as planned i might as well get me boating lisence and buy my uncles wellcraft i have most of the gear some how lol thanks again

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 08:56:14 PM »
The Beach Haven Charter Boat association  has a nice program for stating off mates..
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:57:02 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Njoffshore Sheck

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 11:49:54 PM »
thank u all for ur help

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 09:51:45 AM »
The Beach Haven Charter Boat association  has a nice program for stating off mates..

Petty nice program they have there, and a well constructed web site too!  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 07:09:12 PM »

never heard of this! learn something new every day! Times sure do change.Maybe the folks up here should try something like this!
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-