Author Topic: Save the Date! SHARK CHALLENGE 2016 - Are You Man Enough 7  (Read 9858 times)

Offline Shark Challenge

• Full Member of the Den
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:21:43 AM by Shark Challenge »

Offline Shark Challenge

• Full Member of the Den
Re: Save the Date! SHARK CHALLENGE 2016 - Are You Man Enough 7
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:46:02 AM »

TEAM ENTRY OPENS March 18th @ 8 AM

This year's event is hosted by the Atlantic Highlands Municipal Harbor Marina.

Captain's Meeting will be at "On The Deck"

Tow Boat US will play a big part in this years event!

Atlantic Bait and Tackle is back again as bait & Tackle Guru!

Stop by and see us at BOOTH 233 at the NJ Saltwater Fishing Expo March 18-20

New point system - new verification system

OR just bring back the big one!

Fish 1 or up to 4 shifts this year...

28' and Under category expanded this year.

NASCAR style take off for each shift so first in - first out -

Get in early to secure your team's starting spot.

$100 deposit holds you team entry.

for info

or LIKE us on facebook!

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 11:12:20 PM »

TEAM ENTRY OPENS March 18th @ 8 AM

This year's event is hosted by the Atlantic Highlands Municipal Harbor Marina.

Captain's Meeting will be at "On The Deck"

Tow Boat US will play a big part in this years event!

Atlantic Bait and Tackle is back again as bait & Tackle Guru!

Stop by and see us at BOOTH 233 at the NJ Saltwater Fishing Expo March 18-20

New point system - new verification system

OR just bring back the big one!

Fish 1 or up to 4 shifts this year...

28' and Under category expanded this year.

NASCAR style take off for each shift so first in - first out -

Get in early to secure your team's starting spot.

$100 deposit holds you team entry.

for info

or LIKE us on facebook!

Just a question... Why a shotgun "NASCAR" type start? These starts are in poor form and promote unsafe boating behaviors. I know to organizers and observers they look cool but, I personally think they should be rethought.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Shark Challenge

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 06:09:01 AM »
Please email me if you would like a response to your post.

I have tried but can not create an answer to your criticism that is appropriate for a public forum.

I offer to leave it at:

Nothing in your post has any merit, none of it is based in fact and it is offensive to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of fishing tournaments.

The starting method I use is by far the safest, most fair and fun method I can offer my teams.

In my personal opinion you should rethink publicly criticizing things that you clearly have no data or base of knowledge to draw on.     

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 06:29:16 AM »
Please email me if you would like a response to your post.

I have tried but can not create an answer to your criticism that is appropriate for a public forum.

I offer to leave it at:

Nothing in your post has any merit, none of it is based in fact and it is offensive to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of fishing tournaments.

The starting method I use is by far the safest, most fair and fun method I can offer my teams.

In my personal opinion you should rethink publicly criticizing things that you clearly have no data or base of knowledge to draw on.     

Good morning... I appreciate your response but, it should be easy to respond to someone's questions without ridicule, particularly when you are the organizer of a public event.

I would like to apologize because I am wrong on this one. As my original post stated I thought this was a shotgun start. After finding the information for myself I see that it appears to be a controlled start by the numbers.... much different than what I envisioned.

This topic could have been simply have answered with an explanation of how your starts run instead of calling someone's understanding of the process merit-less.

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »
I have tried but can not create an answer to your criticism that is appropriate for a public forum. Really, you come on here selling a product and you lack the most basic of customer service skills, that you can't even answer a very basic question? Yes a fishing tournament is a product and its about making money.

I offer to leave it at:

Nothing in your post has any merit, none of it is based in fact and it is offensive to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of fishing tournaments. I would say he has a ton of merit even if nothing but as an observer. Every one has seen the shotgun starts where all hell breaks loose as 100 boats take off at once.

The starting method I use is by far the safest, most fair and fun method I can offer my teams. This is the only response that was required, maybe a slight description.

In my personal opinion you should rethink publicly criticizing things that you clearly have no data or base of knowledge to draw on.   In my personal opinion you should leave the promoting stuff up to more skilled, customer oriented persons, as all you did is Pee off a forum full of fishing people.  

Do you even know who fellinger is? What he has done for the sport? What he has done for the members of this forum? What he has done for the members of his community? No you don't, and neither do I, but I do know what he has done for the members here, and it's more than you'll ever do with your "are you man enough" shark tourney,,, are women allowed?

So your a new guy here, signed up 5 days ago did what you had to do to be a sponsor and make your post. In my personal opinion, Rod should have his foot half way up your ass as you're on your way out the door.

You tick off members and want them to send you 100 bucks? I declare shenanigans.

All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 08:49:18 AM »
 :headscra:   I think he doesn't realize.. that we are a friendly forum.. and not the "Others"   Fred just had a simple Question..  And the simple answer would have be fine..  Yea.. I'm confused..

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 08:51:51 AM »
I have tried but can not create an answer to your criticism that is appropriate for a public forum. Really, you come on here selling a product and you lack the most basic of customer service skills, that you can't even answer a very basic question? Yes a fishing tournament is a product and its about making money.

I offer to leave it at:

Nothing in your post has any merit, none of it is based in fact and it is offensive to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of fishing tournaments. I would say he has a ton of merit even if nothing but as an observer. Every one has seen the shotgun starts where all hell breaks loose as 100 boats take off at once.

The starting method I use is by far the safest, most fair and fun method I can offer my teams. This is the only response that was required, maybe a slight description.

In my personal opinion you should rethink publicly criticizing things that you clearly have no data or base of knowledge to draw on.   In my personal opinion you should leave the promoting stuff up to more skilled, customer oriented persons, as all you did is Pee off a forum full of fishing people.  

Do you even know who fellinger is? What he has done for the sport? What he has done for the members of this forum? What he has done for the members of his community? No you don't, and neither do I, but I do know what he has done for the members here, and it's more than you'll ever do with your "are you man enough" shark tourney,,, are women allowed?

So your a new guy here, signed up 5 days ago did what you had to do to be a sponsor and make your post. In my personal opinion, Rod should have his foot half way up your ass as you're on your way out the door.

You tick off members and want them to send you 100 bucks? I declare shenanigans.

Thanks. You do have valid points.

For the record after I did my own research on their website and found out how they actually did their  start I did send an email to my crews to see if anyone wanted to fish this tournament this year.

I think the point is this... if you're running a business (like I personally do) your response goes a long way. It can either work for you or disenfranchise future customers.

Like what was previously said a description of the start would have enlightened myself and all of the others that have read this post and were, like me not sure of how your start worked.

No hard feelings. I am still looking for a crew.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 11:31:43 AM »

I offer to leave it at:

t^   clp
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 01:39:39 PM »
 5hrug ... Maybe they should be required to post 10 fishing reports before they can try to sell something or join their road shows......just saying ... pcrn
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Fisherman120

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 07:06:08 PM »
Wow, wasn't expecting a snarky post like that on here, especially from a vendor of some sort. I agree with fluke u on this one.

Offline Shark Challenge

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 03:08:59 PM »
WoW... Tough Room!

Thank you fellinger, your subsequent responses were welcomed and appreciated.

I guess that will have to be that for me lest I get myself into real trouble!

Fish On!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 04:31:31 PM »
 Actually.. We are the easiest room you could ever enter ;D

Offline Shark Challenge

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 04:42:28 PM »
 slt

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 04:50:30 PM »
Actually.. We are the easiest room you could ever enter ;D

whs
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-