Author Topic: New Guy, well sort of new  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
New Guy, well sort of new
« on: July 16, 2007, 09:18:17 PM »
Hi everyone. I have got to say this is a really great forum put together with the best of the best when it comes to its members.
I have been viewing for a couple of weeks now but keeping pretty low key. Over the past few weeks I have had the privilege of meeting some of the members and I have to say I only hope that I can contribute half has much as they have for me. My partner in crime is Hareball and we do most of our fishing out of Little Egg Harbor and Barnegat Light. I look forward to making my contribution to the forum and its members, if my assistance is called upon and I am able to offer my experience I am happy to do so please do not hessitate to ask. I am a firm believer in learning from and helping one another. Best of luck and a happy, healthy season.
Capt. Mike

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: New Guy, well sort of new
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 09:25:58 PM »
officially, nice to have you.  I fish out of Atlantic Highlands, but I do go to my shore house in Little egg harbor through out the summer.  I can definatly use some pointers when I go to your neck of the woods..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 09:27:39 PM »
Capt Mike

A belated welcome aboard. I'm sure you have seen that there are a lot of great guys/gals on the site who will help anytime t^

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 09:28:58 PM »
Nice to meet ya Capt. Mike

Offline fishinfool

• Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 09:45:20 PM »
Hi everyone. I have got to say this is a really great forum put together with the best of the best when it comes to its members.
I have been viewing for a couple of weeks now but keeping pretty low key. Over the past few weeks I have had the privilege of meeting some of the members and I have to say I only hope that I can contribute half has much as they have for me. My partner in crime is Hareball and we do most of our fishing out of Little Egg Harbor and Barnegat Light. I look forward to making my contribution to the forum and its members, if my assistance is called upon and I am able to offer my experience I am happy to do so please do not hessitate to ask. I am a firm believer in learning from and helping one another. Best of luck and a happy, healthy season.
Capt. Mike

welcome :)

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 10:06:43 PM »
Hey Capt Mike.   t^

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 10:10:08 PM »
Hi Capt. Mike,

Welcome and congrats on getting your license!

See you on the water,

Ed

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 10:11:52 PM »
Hi Capt Mike.
I know you will have a lot to give to this site.  You have showed me your experience when we went sharking this past Saturday.  You, along with everyone else aboard made for a perfect trip.  I'm thinking, we all learned something on the trip.

It was good to have you aboard the Irish Ayes and it will be equally good to have you here on the site.

Joe
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 10:59:21 PM »
Hey Capt. Mike.  Looking forward to having you and hareball viewing the ham shack once things slow down.  There are a number of guys that go out to IBSP that are hams and we all share real time info.  I am trying to get them to sign on board.

Like I told hareball with a run of the mill 2 meter rig and using one of the repeaters it would be easy to reach 50 miles out with no problem.  There are two really good repeaters in our area one in Toms River and one in Manahawkin.

There are clubs in the area that run classes to get your ticket which require no code testing anymore.

Happy Catching

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 11:07:57 PM »
Thank you members for the welcome. Looking forward to the exchange of knowledge/Tips.
 t^
Regards
Capt. Mike

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-