Author Topic: Belmar Fishing Surf Fishing  (Read 3078 times)

Offline surfrocket

Belmar Fishing Surf Fishing
« on: June 02, 2008, 07:03:50 PM »
I will be on the beach in Belmar, Saturday  june 7th. Between 1 and 3 pm launching bait, Between 20th and 21st ave, off of Ocean ave. Anyone who would like to check it out and do some fishing stop on by.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Belmar Fishing Surf Fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 11:09:25 PM »
Good Luck.  Will you be actually fishing or just showing the surf rocket?

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 12:10:52 AM »
we will be fishing,chunkin bunker and poppin out plugs.We are always showing it off, that will never change,lol.Hopefully will get into some bass.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 12:39:54 AM »
If you see the Irish Ayes drifing off the beach in Belmar, aim the other way.  ;D
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Twitch

• DONT TREAD ON ME
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 12:43:12 AM »
I gotta rebuild the rear end in my pick up but it should be done by Sat.  I just googled it and its about a 2hr drive so maybe ill see ya then. chrz
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~ Thomas Edison

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 06:31:30 PM »
Hopefully see you there t^. The word is that the bass are just out of reach in 40 to 60ft of water.They are taking bunker but up close to the surface. Every one I talk to in the boats is saying min weight no more than 2oz and they are hooking up on the surface,using dead bunker, chunks and live lineing. I am going to set up a bunch of rigs to free float bunker, and try that. Even 500ft or so off shore they will probally wash back in rather quickly but I'll give it a shot.

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 06:15:39 PM »
what was i thinkin way too many people on the beach.we had a decent day though, for all who made it threw the sun bathers to stop by THANKS ALOT. we were able to snag a bunker way way out there but nothing hit it.we saw bunker flipping and popping as far as we could see but they were like 2000 ft off shore. the boats pushed them in range one time, like i said other than the bunker no hook ups. thats fishin. it was just the wrong time of day to really catch fish,all concidering though it was good.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 06:28:38 PM »
There were bass on the bunker a little further out. I hooked up with a 38#er a mile and a half off the beach in the morning. In the afternoon we were about a half mile off and hooked up with 4, boating 2 and also had several other runoffs.  t^ Report will be posted shortly.

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 11:51:51 AM »
I knew there was bass on them, I saw a few big pops in the water and you could see bunker everywhere. WOW! A 38# sweet fish, did you kiss it? lol. Its nice to hear atleast someone is getting into the cows, I have yet to get my big one this year.Last year my cow came july 4 weekend, it was just under 46#. Got her on the beach, it was my life time catch.Broke my heart though, fought her for about 20 minutes.Felt like an hour. By the time I got her on the beach she was beat, I tried to release her but couldnt. I do keep fish from time to time,but try to let the big baby makers go. Anyway I have until july before I start complaining,lol.I could go out on our boat with my old man,and smack some pigs anyday.My passion is the beach though,there is alot to be said about hooking up on the beach. I am not knocking boats by any means,but anyone can chase a bunker school.Reading the beach and fishing a cut or finding a sweet hole, then fighting that fish threw the surf,for me is everything.  Great catch and yes I am jealous, lol.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 05:28:35 PM »
That size was a misque. It should have said 36#s. Anyway, my personal best is a 44# and that came off the beach. Island Beach State Park, bathing beach area.  t^

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 05:31:56 PM »
nice

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-