Author Topic: 6/11 firday night  (Read 2402 times)

Offline fishin4life

6/11 firday night
« on: June 12, 2010, 09:06:56 AM »
Went down to point pleasant to try the surf. Got there around quarter after six and had lines in the water by 6:30. had clams and bunker for bait. started throwing some metals and caught a crab clp tried it out for but but still nothing. only saw one other guy the whole night and neither of us caught anything. lots of grass in the water. the one guy i saw said its been there the past three days. it was a nice night out on the beach despite not catching anything. packed up around 9:45. Paul, hopefully you had better luck down at IBSP

Drew
Drew

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: 6/11 firday night
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:06:39 AM »
Drew, the only thing I caught was a cold chill.  There were so many campers that it looked like a Lance convention hit the beach.   When I got to my spot the closest camper was about 200 feet away so it was not to bad.  Than they started to pile onto the beach.  By the time high tide hit there was a camper about 15 feet from me.

It was crazy out there.  Needless to say the guy (Mark) the guy next to me was a total newbie to saltwater fishing.  In fact we had to unwrap his new pole.  I won't go into details but last night turned into a learning process for him.

I guess it was not ment to be but at least there is s guy out there that is on the right track now.  I guess he had no idea he was going to go to school that night.

Hopefully he will get on here this weekend tell the story himself.  I will post a couple of pictures once i get the camera out of the Expedition.

I was home by 11:30 and in the house by 12:30 and sleeping before 1:00.  Oh well come on September and October.

It looks like it will be fishing during the weekdays and kayaking only.  With the beach this crowded it does not pay to go out on the weekends.  Especially with a large part of the beach so soft the average guy will get stuck for sure.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
Good try Drew.  t^

Good to see you and your dad today on Pop's Soul.  chrz
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 06:48:08 AM »
 whs   t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 11:24:48 AM »
Good try!

TT^

Offline brian8980

• The Gimper
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 08:09:10 AM »
Drew,
I almost hit the point at the same time you did at my usual spot.  Guess its a good thing i didnt, I tried a newer spot i found in one of the channels that night though.  2 pods of small bunker moved right past me and my buddy so close to us that we could have touched them.  sad thing is we saw the bass jumpin on them, but they didnt like what we had.  Short of throwing kitchen sink at them, we did everything we could but use bait.  Might try one more time tonight or tomorrow, but I think its time for fluking and seabassin.  Will have to wait till the fall for my keeper this year  fcp.

Gimper
The trouble with fishing is it was better before you got there, and after you left.
When in doubt...exaggerate

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 09:17:17 AM »
Hi guys,  did you have a snag hook?  I carry one when I fish the surf. Snag a bunker and let it drop.  You never know who is lurking down there.

Plus its a great way to make bait.  I do this as well off the surf.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-