Author Topic: Yellow Fin Long Fin and Sword Fish on Dorismae IV Barnegat Light 10/26/08  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
Well better late than never! We finally had a real tuna trip. We had a bite from 4am to 6am and then picked a few more until around 8 am. We had 75% Yellow Fin and 25% Long Fin. We also had an 80 pound Sword Fish and a couple throw backs. We have 2 more weeks of tuna fishing and still have openings. Hoping we can go out with a bang!!!

Dean Paolella and Lew Petryk from Berkly Heights had a combined catch of 6 Yellow Fin and 3 Long Fin.

Kelly Manning and Mike Astalos from Little Egg caught 2 yellow Fin, an 80 pound Sword Fish, and 1 long Fin.

Mike Platti from Tuckerton caught 3 Yellow Fin, and 1 Long Fin

Great Trip!!!  chrz
Lots of sushi.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:18:05 PM by Capt. Mike »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Nice haul of meat!!  Great report and good action on that trip!!

TT^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Awesome Mike! t^  Is that the report from the Doris Mae Site?  What did you get them on?  Jigs? Bait?  Do you have pics?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;D

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
Awesome Mike! t^  Is that the report from the Doris Mae Site?  What did you get them on?  Jigs? Bait?  Do you have pics?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;D

Sorry Bucktail, I did not bring a camera. I caught mine on live squid and sardines. Others did use hammered jigs and butterfly jigs to land their catch. Yes this is the report from their site, I figured it had all the important details. I could have caught more for myself, but oppted to help others catch. I had a great time. I really enjoy fishing on this boat , great Captains, and crew.  chrz

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Nice Capt Mike t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Nice job Capt Mike. Sounds like it was a good trip. t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-