Author Topic: Barnegat Bay area fishing  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Barnegat Bay area fishing
« on: March 11, 2021, 10:36:53 AM »
I'm looking to possibly keep my boat docked in Waretown. Pricing in RB has gone up the wazoo in my eyes. My question is, once the water temp gets higher are there any places with good fishing in the bay or does everything move out front? I'm looking at navionics maps and pretty much everywhere looks to be <10ft. Not opposed to going out front but need to learn the channels down that way. I've rented a few skiffs down there and know it can get real skinny

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
Re: Barnegat Bay area fishing
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 06:36:59 PM »
What will be the difference in travel time to your boat? Waretown is a lot further down the GSP and you will hit all the shore traffic.  RB is a known fishing grounds versus learning a whole new area.  Saving some money is not always the best thing if you look at all the changes it will take.

Tight Lines,
Bob G  slt  chrz

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 07:26:26 PM »
What will be the difference in travel time to your boat? Waretown is a lot further down the GSP and you will hit all the shore traffic.  RB is a known fishing grounds versus learning a whole new area.  Saving some money is not always the best thing if you look at all the changes it will take.

Tight Lines,
Bob G  slt  chrz

Hi Bob,

For what you get for the extra $2k in RB, is not worth it to me. Most of my days are out front, so what time I save, some is spent running from keyport around the hook. I'm not worried about getting traffic too much since I know a few different ways to get down to there. Getting to the boat wouldn't be an issue since I leave early in the morning.

As far as fishing outside, The reefs I like to fish down that way are about the same distance as the spots I like up there plus there are more spots I know closer. Slipping down there also give me approx an additional 20 miles to roam. So my concern is, days that I can't get outside would there be any productive places in the bay once the water is warmer. I assume that happens by midsummer with that much shallow water

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 08:20:04 AM »
Double Creek and Oyster Creek all hold fish.. The Inlet and cut are great also...

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-