Author Topic: Fish Monger Weekly Recap Cod / Flounder Reports  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
Fish Monger Weekly Recap Cod / Flounder Reports
« on: March 31, 2011, 12:19:26 PM »
Hello All,

Good to be fishing again!!!

Sorry for the late report was away and wanted to get the full rundown and pics to put up with our report.

Our first few Cod trips were a slow pick. Unlike a couple weeks ago the fish seemed spread out. Nonetheless pretty much everywhere ya go had some cod on it... some keepers and a bunch of shorts. So we went wreck hoping picking a few fish everywhere to put some cod in the cooler. Also Sailed one Flounder trip and had good action. Here is the run down.

Sat 3/26: Capt Wayne and Capt Matt had Andrew Donaldson (Donaldson Construction) and friends out for a day on the bottom grounds... Started off with a Very bumpy ocean... the bounced around a bunch of wrecks... couple spots had a few keepers and bunch of shorts... few spots were dead... the guys worked hard and caught around 30 cod with 15 being keepers a Blackfish and a Ling. Crew was a Blast as always!!!

Sun 3/27: Capt Wayne and Capt Matt back at it with a 4 man Crew. Patrick and Patrick Jr. Ralphy and Kool Kat Kenny Rounded out the crew. Pretty Much the same as the day before... few here n there... shorts and some keepers... the guys fished hard and caught around 30 Cod with 14 Being Keepers also had a Couple of chunky keeper blackfish. Pleasure Guys!!!

Mon 3/28: Capt Wayne and Mate Bruce had Anchor Joe and the Mon Gang aboard for their Annual Winter Flounder kick off of their 2011 Fishing Season. They headed up to the bay and got anchored up and got some chum going... They caught a few right away.... then had a lull during the tide change then the started picking again on the Moving water... The Crew wound up catching 19 Flounder, 14 being keepers giving everyone taking their liberal 2 fish limit to take home for dinner. Tons of chop bustin and a Nice day out!!! Looking forward to having them back aboard next Mon. Thanks Guys

Tues 3/29: Capt Wayne and Mate Bruce sailed on an Open boat Cod Trips. Bruce, Eric The Mortgage Man, Jim River Rat, Wilson, Ed Hunter 2 and Ryan Scubanut rounded the all star Crew... despite the forecast the ocean started out very angry with tough conditions... Same type deal couple of spots produced a few keepers and a bunch of shorts. Catcha few and move on... Ocean finally laid down and took a Steam to the south...slow pick shorts n keepers... Blackfish also made an appearance at a couple spots which is a good sign... mostly all shorts with a couple of keepers. but it shouldnt be long before the bigger ones start chewin.Put in a long day and a lot of miles in some tough conditions. Everyone fished hard to put some fish in the box... the guys caught over 50 Cod with 21 being keepers, 2 Keeper blackfish and a Lone winter flounder. Thanks Guys.

We Def would have like to see more keepers hopefully with some nicer conditions we will get some better numbers. Def nice to see cod in our waters!!! Also more n more blackfish should start mixing in as the waters warm.

Todays charter was canceled due to weather... but we will be back at it on the weekend and all next week!!!

Thanks all!!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:33:53 PM by Capt -Jerry P »

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
Re: Fish Monger Weekly Recap Cod / Flounder Reports
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »
Few more pics

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 12:32:33 PM »
 clp 
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Fireman Ed

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 12:40:58 PM »
Nice Report  t^
IBSP #4333-1 Gray Ford F-150. Go Big or Go home empty handed!!

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 01:35:33 PM »
Nice job ! Thanks for the reports & pix.   TT^  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 01:50:01 PM »
I'm already joanzing to get out agian Jerry !!!

Good times t^

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
 clp  WAY TO GO GUYS   clp   NICE JOB CAPT.    clp
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 02:16:05 PM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 03:03:44 PM »
Nice work t^

Offline Capt. Kris

• Fish Stix Charter Fishing
  • Sponsor
    • Fish Stix Charter Fishing
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 07:09:40 PM »
nice report guys.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-