Author Topic: 225 Johnson info needed  (Read 3210 times)

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
225 Johnson info needed
« on: March 29, 2010, 04:47:37 PM »
I found an engine for my boat. This guy is telling me that it has power steering on it. Does anyone know if that is the same as my Sea Star Helm and if so will it bolt up?

Thanks
Rick
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: 225 Johnson info needed
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 05:59:31 PM »
Yea I never of it on a outboard but what do I know

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »
Rick.  why are you looking for a whole new motor 5hrug

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 06:28:40 AM »
I decided to weld the lower unit. But before I did, I put some feelers out for a motor. Found a good deal on a take off. Almost too good. The guy bought it used and never put it on his boat. I passed on it because of he hasn’t run it. He told me to take it and pay for it after I put it on and run it. Tuff to pass that up.

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline sealife

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 08:04:27 AM »
I had a 1986 225 evinrude with power steering.  It had  a hydraulic pump that was belt driven from a pulley uner the fly wheel to supply the power.  The helm used a conventional steering cable and there was a valve at the motor end.  When there was input to steer the motor the valve opened and a hydraulic cylinder gave the push.  It was similar in design to the older power assist systems found on cars.  You can remove the punp and ram and use it as  a regular steering engine.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 08:08:02 AM »
I had a 1986 225 evinrude with power steering.  It had  a hydraulic pump that was belt driven from a pulley uner the fly wheel to supply the power.  The helm used a conventional steering cable and there was a valve at the motor end.  When there was input to steer the motor the valve opened and a hydraulic cylinder gave the push.  It was similar in design to the older power assist systems found on cars.  You can remove the punp and ram and use it as  a regular steering engine.

t^ Thanks

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline L.T.

• AKA Laker Taker
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 08:20:42 AM »
I had a 1986 225 evinrude with power steering.  It had  a hydraulic pump that was belt driven from a pulley uner the fly wheel to supply the power.  The helm used a conventional steering cable and there was a valve at the motor end.  When there was input to steer the motor the valve opened and a hydraulic cylinder gave the push.  It was similar in design to the older power assist systems found on cars.  You can remove the punp and ram and use it as  a regular
steering engine.
 whs
Forgive your enemy but, remember the bastard's name.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-