Author Topic: Atlantic Star 6/21  (Read 5034 times)

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
Re: Atlantic Star 6/21
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 04:12:06 PM »
Never touch the net. nosmly  Keep cool and keep the fish just under the surface.  It's the mates' job and they will come to you.  If you attempt to net the fish yourself and hit someone else's pole or miss the fish yourself, then there will be complaints about that.  If you do net the fish but get tangled then you can be throwing a monkey wrench into the works...say a child has a fish of a lifetime on, but they can't net it cause you took the net or dropped it.   thud

Not saying anything direct against you, just in general.  They're there to net, sometimes you have to have a little patience.  Sometimes they're waiting for the person that calls for the net everytime they hook a fish and it's just a searobin.  Be patient, call for the net nice and loud, keep the fish under the surface and make sure your drag is set correctly or even back off on it.

Heck I worked as a fill-in deckhand and I still won't touch the net.

That asides, nice trip TT^  Also nothing like having the woman you love/like enjoy fishing along side you. chrz
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline mmmdrum

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 10:29:29 PM »
i didnt take my son on sunday because it was forcast as 5-7 ft seas and 20knot winds..did we get lied to??..lol...we are going to try this sunday,,should we go on the atlantic star or capt.rons fisherman??/....whatcha guys think??
fishermans code:early to bed early to rise,fish like hell and make up lies....

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 10:47:40 PM »
mmmdrum, atlantic star was pretty good... ive never been on the fisherman.... i liked the dorothy B,they were my favorite party boat crew so far... somethings that bother me are when im on a party boat, and no ones catching anything for at least 40 minutes and we dont move... just blow the horn and lets move on already...  5hrug nosmly
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-