Author Topic: 5/30 AM Atlantic Star Fluke Report  (Read 822 times)

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
5/30 AM Atlantic Star Fluke Report
« on: May 30, 2011, 02:39:51 PM »
Jason & I hit the Atlantic Star this morning. Had moderate - heavy rain on the drive down once we crossed the Discoll Bridge. Rain stopped about 7:10 and we loaded our gear and set up on the pulpit. As soon as we set up for the first drift of the day, it was as if someone turned on a wind machine as it was cranking out of the NW an easy 30. Jason & I were using 8 ounces and were holding fairly well but those using less (some considerably less) were letting out allot of line. A few fish came up on this drift. With each subsequent drift the wind backed off until by the end of the trip there was no wind. In between I managed 7 shorts-6 on bait & 1 bucktailing (which really wasn't productive for anyone). Jason had a total of 4 fluke--2 short & 2 keepers with one of those a nice #6.10 to take the pool. There were 16 keepers with 3X the amount of shorts and a handful of cocktail bluefish and sea robins.

Both of Jason's keepers had mantis shrimp in their gullet.

Offline rugman

• Super Hero Member
  • ARTY'S CARPET SERVICE
Re: 5/30 AM Atlantic Star Fluke Report
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 03:09:01 PM »
Nice report .My Buddy love to fish off that boat .He would do two trips in one day.
Arty's Carpet Service.

For all your carpet needs RUGMAN7092@OPTONLINE.NET

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: 5/30 AM Atlantic Star Fluke Report
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 07:35:35 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-