Author Topic: Inflatable boat pump  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Diego Dangers.

• 172 Heavy!
Inflatable boat pump
« on: October 04, 2008, 07:32:07 PM »
Hey guys, maybe someone can help me out, I just got an inflatable boat, but didn't get a pump with it. does anyone know where I can get either a bellow style pump or a hand pump.

the ones from wally mart will not give me the pressure I need and west marine is out of stock on them.

Would love to get one either tomorrow or monday.

thanks - Diego

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Inflatable boat pump
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 08:11:12 PM »
What area do you live in.  You can call other West Marine stores as there are 2 in my area of Toms River and Brick.  Plus there is a Boaters World in Toms River and I think in Brick.

You can also give a shout out to Bucktail as he is with Dicks Sporting Goods in Manahawkin I think it is.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Diego Dangers.

• 172 Heavy!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 12:53:48 AM »
What area do you live in.  You can call other West Marine stores as there are 2 in my area of Toms River and Brick.  Plus there is a Boaters World in Toms River and I think in Brick.

You can also give a shout out to Bucktail as he is with Dicks Sporting Goods in Manahawkin I think it is.

I checked the stock in all the stores around the Howell area, I'm up in North Bergen, but there were none up here either. I will check with boaters world as that slipped my mind, thanks for the heads up!

Offline gjb1969

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »
well i am new here but if u dont find one i can give u one i have left from my inflatable if u still cant get one i am jersey city a few times a week so let me know
dirty water angler

Offline Diego Dangers.

• 172 Heavy!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 12:27:16 AM »
gjb, still havent found one. made a small invention that remarkably worked but I don't have access to it anymore. If you're willing to let it go, let me know, we can meet up or I can pick it up, whatever is easiest for you.

appreciate it.

Offline gjb1969

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 05:03:59 PM »
sure u can have it i can meet u in hoboken by the path station if that is ok with u let me know if that cool with u t^
dirty water angler

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
That's very cool thing for you to do! t^  Welcome to the site GJB! ;D

Offline gjb1969

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 06:50:03 PM »
ty i try to do the right thing and i would hope someone would the same for me i like the site just for nj now thats what we need  TT^
dirty water angler

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 06:06:15 PM »
ty i try to do the right thing and i would hope someone would the same for me i like the site just for nj now thats what we need  TT^

Awesome.  and welcome to the site t^

Offline miller-time

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 03:03:40 PM »
0n another site it was recommended to use a small shop vac to inflate the boat. You would need an inverter but the cool thing is you could reverse the vac and deflate the dingy.
I just picked up a Achilles LT4 but haven't tried it yet. What did you get?

Offline gjb1969

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 07:29:26 PM »
well i guess he dose not want the pump i have not herd from him 5hrug well i tryed i wonder what happend ???
dirty water angler

Offline miller-time

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 12:48:06 PM »
I'm the guy who posted on the other site. Although I apprechiate Capt Scott's advise on the shop vac I don't at this point see hauling it around in my Jeep. I'm going to call some Achilles dealers and stop at a place on Rt 34 on my way to Sea Bright. They appear to sell a lot of kayaks and some are inflatables. I'm looking for something that is compact and will run off the lighter. Any experienced inflatable guys out there with some wisdom to share?

Offline miller-time

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 02:56:16 PM »
I stopped at Campasino Marine in Pt. Pleasent. They are a big time inflatable dealer. The guy there, and I forgot his name but he was the only one, was terrific. He explained everything . He even gave me a new nozzle for my bellows free. I had to buy something so I picked up some dressing to save the rubber, all of $15. I can't thank him enough except to recommend them to anyone who needs something in the inflatable line.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 03:11:07 PM »
Always good to hear when a business comes thru. Thanks for the info. If this is the same Camps I am thinking of, they do a great boat trailer business too.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-