Author Topic: broken reel  (Read 1849 times)

Offline beachwalker

broken reel
« on: August 01, 2009, 05:33:42 PM »
I fished Cape May Point Higbees beach from 5Am till 9:15am Things started off bad and got worse. As soon as i got out of my car i was attacked by a sworm of nasty moskitoes i walked to the beach rigged up on my first cast got a sand shark, second cast a skate decided to move walked about a 1/4 mile to the next piece of structure a broken down pier cast out and got about 5 pounds of grass and jellyfish snot all over my rig and line decided to move again found some clear water but no bites got tired of casting and retreiving for fluke which werent there switched to a top and bottom rig with small size 4 widegap hooks hoping for some croakers nothing but more sand sharks on the last one my drag on my reel failed couldnt tighten down the drag knob and had to pull in the sand shark by hand since sand sharks never take drag dont know how this happened its a brand new penn captiva 5000 only used it 4 times its now in the good hands of Rich and his crew at Cape May bait and tackle. Aug and surf fishing dont get any worse than this.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: broken reel
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 05:47:10 PM »
Nice try!  Sorry about the broken reel.  Could just be sand or debris in the drag washers...

TT^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 06:04:51 PM »
Wow!  That was one long sentence! ;D 
Sorry about your broken reel.  Hopefully it will be back in action for you soon. t^

Offline beachwalker

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 06:18:46 AM »
Wow!  That was one long sentence! ;D 
Sorry about your broken reel.  Hopefully it will be back in action for you soon. t^
Yea i need to punctuate,thanks bucktail.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-