Author Topic: Hello!!! New forum member from Stone Harbor area.  (Read 3983 times)

Offline JBinNOVA

Hello!!! New forum member from Stone Harbor area.
« on: May 19, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »
Hey guys! New around here, so wanted to introduce myself. Have been reading all of your posts since January when I first started looking into a Kayak. Well today was the day! Wanted a "beginner kayak" to get used to it, so picked up the Field & Stream 12' on sale. All of the reviews were great for a guy my size, with only one common problem: needing to upgrade the seat.

About me and where I fish:
Been a fisherman for a long time, and at 27 now have a semi-decent resume. Dad was a marine, so after being born in NJ, have spearfished/fished in Japan and Hawaii, and went to high school and college in NC, with some great fishing on the coast. Met my girlfriend, and live in Northern VA outside of DC now, but her family has a beach house way down south in Stone Harbor we get to every other weekend in summer.

Sorry for the long post, but look forward to more tips from you guys. Will definitely be active in posting my success (now that I am off the hit or miss Avalon jetty) and share my catches from my kayak. I will typically fish between Ocean City south to Wildwood, so if anyone is in area let me know!

Also picked up my girlfriend a used Ocean Kayak 10' for $250, so we will be on this adventure together.

Look forward to talking with you guys and hopefully fishing with you someday!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Hello!!! New forum member from Stone Harbor area.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 05:12:59 PM »
 t^  Thanks for the post.  I look forward to your input here

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 05:42:47 AM »
 wa
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 07:59:18 AM »
Welcome Aboard,

I am sure you guys are gong to enjoy the kayaks this summer.  I fish a bit north of you guys at Island Beach State Park.  Great location with plenty sedge islands and a few deep cuts.  I have not fished down your way so I can't give any insight, sorry.  But this time of year there are plenty of fish around to have fun.

Enjoy your new rides and above all be safe and wear your life vests.  That's the old guy in me coming out.

Happy Catching,

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline JBinNOVA

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 08:04:35 AM »
Thanks guys, definitely excited. Have the life fests and visibility flags ready to go, especially with starting this busy weekend. Safety is my biggest thing as I have fished via boat with my father in VA/NC and an uncle in Ocean City.

I'll have to check out IBSP some day, looks like a good fish area from some of the posts I have seen on here.

Big blues and a few stripers were biting down in Avalon when I surf/jetty fished two weekends ago. Another guy was fluke fishing (not to keep) and had a few that would have been right around regulation length. Excited to see what the summer holds.

Best of luck this weekend to all!

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 08:29:57 AM »
 wa
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Floatsup

• kayak sails
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 04:31:32 AM »
Hey Nova.
Welcome to the show. A lot of great Info here. Nice post and hope to see you during fluke season. I believe in August is a fishing tournament in point pleasant. Don't have dates yet, but you can check out jerseypaddler.com for info. A lot of fun, and great people at the elks lodge. Its a 2 day event.

Anyway Cheers M8 slt chrz

Floats Out

Offline Mbailey33

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 06:14:27 AM »
 wa
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow

Offline Dalejam

• Fish-on
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 09:25:44 AM »
 wa

hope you have a great season and be safe.

if you ever find your way up north in Raritan bay give me a shout . clp clp clp
I'M working on fishing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-