Author Topic: engine help  (Read 18639 times)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: engine help
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2007, 10:11:45 AM »
the oil was not the same colol as my opti oil so I was nerves the shop puicked her up this morning and had her back to my house by 5 this afternoon ,it turns out I picked up some fishing line and it cut the seal ,I am good to go now ,I cant say enough about the dealer they are great so far

I did say it sounds like just a seal...  nice to have ya back.

YIKEs...  did I speak to soon
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2007, 10:23:03 AM »
Take a deep breath.... You'll get it fixed...It is still early Catfish.. Bass will be there for you when your back running...
I am pissed over the fact that I just went into debt for 15 years and have a boat the is having problems but I know it is gonna happen it is a small issue that can be fixed I am waiting to hear from the dealer ,I called this morning and the owner spoke w/ me he seemed upset over this whole issue I am having ,so far I have faith in the dealer

Offline Pole-lock

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2007, 10:57:26 AM »
Is this the 3rd problem? I'd be pissed too!

Ruger314

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2007, 06:08:40 PM »
Hey, You at least are getting a response from the dealer..DnR hasn't address the issue with my intake propeller..!!

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2007, 12:09:18 PM »
the dealer just called and said they found a clog in the gas line and it was removed ,they are gonna run the boat for the next hour or so and see if all is o.k. ,gotta say they are good so far to me ,I know they just fix and sell the boats and dont build them bt I did tell them off once or twice and they still are great ,they are gonna drop off the boat this evening ,hope all is well now

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2007, 03:03:54 PM »
the dealer just called and said they found a clog in the gas line and it was removed ,they are gonna run the boat for the next hour or so and see if all is o.k. ,gotta say they are good so far to me ,I know they just fix and sell the boats and dont build them bt I did tell them off once or twice and they still are great ,they are gonna drop off the boat this evening ,hope all is well now

there are 2 things to rate, the service department and  then the quality of the boat.  It looks like the service is great, but the quality of the boat so far is in question.  All of these things should have been checked from the factory, then checked again by the dealer, by the time it gets to you, it should be PERFECT. 
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2007, 10:10:28 AM »
just got off the phone w/ the dealer and they found the problem ,they said that when the tank got put in they were sealing everything with silacone and a drop of it got on the screen and caused a clog in my pick up ,they ran the boat for a couple hours and they are bringing it back to me soon ,hope all is well this time

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2007, 04:30:20 PM »
Hi Cat,

I hope this gets you past some of the headaches.

The dealer sounds like they were very helpful ...

Good luck and I hope the drama has past,

Capt. Ed

PS. Time to go fishing ...

Offline drome

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2007, 08:47:05 PM »
Take a deep breath.... You'll get it fixed...It is still early Catfish.. Bass will be there for you when your back running...

That's b/s.... take a big boot and put it up the dealers a**.  If you bought a new car and the engine crapped out three times everyone would be screaming exercise the lemon law... The same should apply to boat dealers.   When I buy something new I do it because I don't want to deal with the problems associated with the word used.

Offline BAHILA / PCramer6

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2007, 01:49:05 PM »
Sorry to hear about your boat but regards to Lightning Jacks Marina.. Thats where I have a slip for my boat.  Dale Write a long time personal friend of mine owns Professional Marine Racing which is attached to lightning  jacks sales office.  The usually work with high output marine racing engines but do a lot of service work on other outboards, i/o's and inboards.  I highly recommend them as for not only is he a friend of mine but he's very nice, reliable, and cost effective and will go out of his way to accommodate you.  "If you can find someone trustworthy to make your repairs..it's money in the bank" 8)

Professional Marine Racing
Lightning Jacks Marina
809 Route 70 Brick, NJ
732-477-7037
Ask for Dale or Danny

PC
BAHILA  23' CC Wellcraft Fisherman
225 Johnson 4-stroke
Fishing out of Manasquan Inlet

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2007, 02:06:58 PM »
jacks is where I bought the boat and they work on it for me they are great

Offline BAHILA / PCramer6

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2007, 02:32:09 PM »
If you don't mind me asking what year is your Merc Optimax?  I only ask because I believe the 2002 yr for those outboards got dubbed the name "POPtiMax" because the power heads always blew out among other problems.  Just a rumor though..not from self experience.  Do you slip at Jack's?  Maybe I'll see ya around.
PC
BAHILA  23' CC Wellcraft Fisherman
225 Johnson 4-stroke
Fishing out of Manasquan Inlet

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-