Author Topic: Cold Tuna Rod Racks  (Read 3608 times)

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
Cold Tuna Rod Racks
« on: July 23, 2007, 09:24:33 AM »
Since I didn't get out on the water this past weekend, I thought I'd finally get around to hanging 4 of the Cold Tuna rod racks I bought back in the spring.

Each rack holds 10 rods.

I actually need 1 more rack to hold all my rods but have run out of room space in my laundry room (only place the wife agreed to have me hang them). Only spot I might be able to place another rack is behind my work table (in the right on the picture)--but then I'd have to find a spot for the table  ::)

I've used various rod rack systems in the past and have to say this is the best..

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
Re: Cold Tuna Rod Racks
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 09:28:51 AM »
nice job!

where did you order them? have a link?
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

Offline Duffman

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:37:42 AM »
How about from the ceiling?  You'll have to fabricate some kind of bracket to mount under the drop ceiling to give you something solid to mount the rack to.
  I have mine in the garge mounted that way. Up and out of the way and cant get damaged. Nice racks. I need to upgrade my pvc pipe mounts soon!  :P

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »
How about from the ceiling?  You'll have to fabricate some kind of bracket to mount under the drop ceiling to give you something solid to mount the rack to.
  I have mine in the garge mounted that way. Up and out of the way and cant get damaged. Nice racks. I need to upgrade my pvc pipe mounts soon!  :P

Don't have the proper type of ceiling in my garage.

Was thinking of sheet rocking one wall on the garage and placing peg board over it then adding another rod rack or 2 to that.

Buddy of mine has the perfect garage ceiling with rafters through the entire lenght. The are spaced out perfectly to suppost rods up to 8'.

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 10:18:01 AM »
just ordered one, thanks. t^
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-