Author Topic: New Boat  (Read 1229 times)

Offline PHIL

New Boat
« on: March 13, 2008, 12:45:39 PM »
Hey guys, I'm looking at a 2004 sea hunt 202 c.c. It has a Yamaha 150 2 stroke on it. It doesn't have an hour meter on it but the guy at the marina where i bought my last bought from has it shrinkwrapped there and is taking it down so i can look at it this weekend. He originaly sold this bought new to this guy in 2004 so he is the only owner. He said the guy didnt even use the boat last year its been wrapped since the end of 06. He is going to do a compression test on it and change the plugs before i do a sea trial. The owner said he will take 13,000 no trailer. Is there anything else I should do before I buy it. He said the motor has around 125 to 150 hours on it and he only used it in the bay. what else should I be looking for and what other questions should I ask? I really want this boat. Thanx.

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
Re: New Boat
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 12:51:09 PM »
nice boat I just bought a sea hunt myself, if you are gonna spend that much money do yourself a favor and hire a surveyor to look it over

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 02:47:43 PM »
I agree with a survey of the boat before purchase.  A surveyer will check out the boat from top to bottom.  He will check it out with no bias. 

If you want a boat that bad, there are a lot of things you will overlook to justify purchasing the boat.  That would lead to troubles down the road. 

Good luck with your purchase.  Keep us informed.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline PHIL

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 04:05:50 PM »
HOW MUCH FOR A SURVEY AND ANYBODY IN MIND.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 06:58:34 PM »
so far your doing the right thing, but nothing beats a personal test run.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-