Author Topic: "Free" Seminars at the Saltwater Fishing Expo  (Read 2945 times)

Offline Capt. Ed

"Free" Seminars at the Saltwater Fishing Expo
« on: March 17, 2007, 07:47:45 PM »
Hi All,

Just back from the Saltwater Fishing Expo in Somerset, NJ.

Hey, be aware of this. There is free parking and the seminars are located in a room outside of the show. Therefore, you do not have to pay to go into the seminars. Today's speakers were great.

Lefty Kreh and Mike Leptow are worth driving back up there to pick there brains. They will be there tomorrow. Al Ristori will be starting the seminars at 10:30AM speaking about Raritan Bay Spring Stripers.

FYI, the seminars were also free (except parking) the past few years.

So if you want to get some good info and pick some people's brains who are on the water a lot, it will not cost you (besides gas).

We will see how long this trend lasts!

Oh yeah, the show was fair at best. I did get a new crab imitation that looks very promising.

Capt. Ed

Offline robsrodnreel

• Robs Rod n Reel
Re: "Free" Seminars at the Saltwater Fishing Expo
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 11:09:22 PM »
capt ed,

you guys need a booth next year. any idea of what they cost? there were def. available areas...

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 11:22:46 PM »
Hi Robsrodnreel,

I know what it cost last year. I will find out the cost of this year later this week.

When we have sponsors, contributors, pictures and maybe a multi-media display done, we will be there.

If we can give meaningful documents/CDs/??? out, then it makes sense.

Thanks,

Capt. Ed

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 09:28:29 AM »
Ed,

I had checked last year and believe the cost is $750-850 for the show.......... :o

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »
Hi Capt. Bob and all,

The price I got last year was $750 for a 10'x10' space, I believe. That was the first year of the show. I don't know if they increased it this year.

I have a team of Marketing people that do these sort of things for my "day job". I will have them help.

To me, it is not a matter of money. It is a matter of signage, collateral, organizing associated businesses (sponsors) to be in the booth and what is the message ... and of course, what is the goodie to give out, besides a signup drawing.

We will make this happen ... with everyone's input.

Bets wishes,

Capt. Ed

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-