Author Topic: Question about marina in shark river...  (Read 1856 times)

Offline bossross

Question about marina in shark river...
« on: January 31, 2009, 04:00:33 PM »
Thinking of moving from the Metedeconk to the Shark River, be closer to the inlet.

Any advise for which marinas are good would be very helpful.

Thanks
Ross

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Question about marina in shark river...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 04:35:02 PM »
I keep my boat in the Shark River Yacht Club which is across the waterway from the Sunset Restaurant. Summer rates are $100 per foot up to I believe 30 foot. Depends on the clearance you need, you may be able to sneak under the bridges and go out the north channel. I can get my Parker under the bridges in all but high tide. If not, you have to go around the island, which is no big deal.

Municipal marina (where the party boats are) is, I believe $113 a foot and you pay for the size of the slip and not the size of the boat you put in it. If you have a 25' boat and are in a 30' slip, you pay for 30' at $113 per foot.

AP's marina has the rack system. Pop Soul has his boat there, he can give you more particulars on that.

Great people at Main 1 Marina but there are no floating docks. Therefore, up and down ladders at low tide.

There are several marinas in the back of the basin. I don't know the rates they charge. I do know that the town of Shark River Hills just took over some marinas back there. Again, no floating docks.

There are also several private marinas across from SRYC. Again, I am not familiar with the prices they charge.

Any other info you need, PM me and I will try to help.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 04:51:47 PM by IrishAyes »
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline bossross

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 05:16:45 PM »
Thanks,

I was thinking of AP's. How is the water back in the back part of the shark river. Although I do mostly fish with the boat, I have kids and they do like to go tubing a couple of times a year. The Metedeconk is good for that. Do people do that back in SR too?

Also, how is the current up in the SR? Say at APs? Is it too close to the inlet when it comes to storms and things like that? Considering that it's back behind the Rt71 bridge, I would think that it's okay. But I've learned to ask....

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 05:23:33 PM »
The back of the basin in pretty much unusable at low tide. As the water comes in you will see people with tubes flying around and jets skis, etc.

I don't know about the current at APs, at my marina, it does get a bit challenging, to say the least, with the speed of the current. I have never seen the current ripping thru APs marina though.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-