Author Topic: The surf is producing slow but steady.  (Read 2656 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
The surf is producing slow but steady.
« on: November 30, 2010, 02:47:46 PM »
I was just out for a while.  I started out in Lavallette and ended up at 9 ave. in Seaside Park.  Well all I can say is pass the hot tottie around please.  I caught the skunk but that was not unusual as I was not really into fishing today.  The weather is starting to get nasty over there but the water looks real good.  Plenty of white caps and dark water but with clean green surf.

It seems like the bite is in and out so be ready for some fast action.  The guys that are fishing clams are doing pretty good but holding bottom is an issue today.

If you like fishing metals I have seen fish caught on AVA's A27 to 47's producing with teasers.  Right now most fish that are being caught are shorts but the big gals are not to far off.

As far as the birds, well if you can cast 300 yards you might be able to zero in of some of what they are diving on.

The hot spots for today are Pennsylvania Ave. in Lavellette, Second St in Ortley Beach and 9th Ave in Seaside Park.  I would say that it should be pretty good just before dark but the weather is the key here.

The wind is out if the SE and honking at a sustained 22 MPH with gusts over 27 MPH.  Slight rain was around the area earlier but that to is being blown further inshore.

I just found a pretty good site if you fish the Seaside area a lot.  the weather over there is a lot different than on the mainland.  So give it a try before you venture out.

http://www.spencesperch.com/

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: The surf is producing slow but steady.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 03:25:12 PM »
Nice report Paul.  What information do you have that leads you to say, "the big gals are not to far off."  Do you have some secret intel? ;D

It has been my experience that the bigger stripers are usually the first to leave,  and the action in December/January is mostly on the smaller fish.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 08:13:45 PM »
Why do you have to question everything I have to say???  It seems like the consensus of a lot of bait shop owners privately have been seeing the change over progressing slowly this year.  Many of the fish were slowly getting larger and larger this year.  So, as many of them I am sure are trying to sell more stuff a few that are close friends have said the same thing

So, that is why I am echoing their beliefs and passing it on to others that might think that the season is over.  It is not!  If you listen to the chatter of boats as I have you hear them hitting fish all up and down the coast as well. 

This is my second bit if evidence.  So you see I have done my homework and I believe that we are still going to have a great December.  But if you and others wish not to partake in the fun.  That is great as the beaches will be emptier than usual.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 08:25:10 PM »
Talked to Betty & Nicks and today they had a beautiful 23 pound bass brought in from Lavallette on an A17 by Eric Green of Long Branch who had 6 bass total between IBSP and Lavallette.

The weather and sea are snotty but if you can get over that the fish are here.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Kevin

• Sponsor
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 11:46:25 AM »
Ive been fishing almost everyday lately in normandy.. During high tide I usually take a run over with my rod.. and there has been NADA!! Tried clam.. and throw avas, Figures the one day i don't go (day after thanksgiving) my uncle grabs two around 30 something inches. rgmn

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 01:08:01 PM »
Nice...Well yesterday had a pretty good bite going with fish a tad over 25#.  Not bad for a season that is suppose to be over.  This blow will churn things up and bring some warmer waters inshore and with that the striped ones will be in the feed once again.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 09:41:02 AM »
paul...great reporting this sums up what info i been gettin. i havent been out due to some issues but will be stalking surf saturday thru monday....from sqaun down to SSP

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 10:05:47 AM »
Good luck.  I will be trying to get out around noon as that will be in the ballpark of the change of tides.  low tide is 11;15.  Plus we are going into the new moon phase and things will be a little more active as well.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 10:44:57 AM »
I'm headin out now for the first time in over two weeks.  Still no truck, so just a short walk on trip to Otley or SSP

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »
I have been at Ortley lately.  I will be up there shortly myself.
IN GOD WE TRUST

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-