Author Topic: Florida Wild boar hunting with Trophy Hammock Outfitters  (Read 1041 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Florida Wild boar hunting with Trophy Hammock Outfitters
« on: November 20, 2021, 10:00:42 PM »
 clp
Florida Wild boar hunting with Trophy Hammock Outfitters

As a Florida native who grew up in the forties I remember a Florida a lot different from the Florida we know today.I rabbit, squirrel, dove and quail hunted within walking distance of my house; deer and hogs were five miles away. Florida is now the third most populous state in the entire country. The very thought of open-range hunting is no more than a distant dream. Or is it?November is a very special month in the Sunshine State. On the water the Hog Fish Hunting is on fire:In the woods to say the four legged version is on fire would be an understatement:We are looking for the 'REAL FLORIDA' I remember from seventy years ago:As I leave my Tampa home it's raining:Hope the hogs don't mind getting wet. Only time will tell!Just before entering Trophy Hammock we step into what we hope is today's version of, 'THE REAL FLORIDA' Trophy Hammock Outfitters is situated in the heart of a 40,000 acre working cattle ranch just east of Lake Wales, Florida. Driving in we were already inspired by the vastness of this ranch. This is truly the beauty of old Florida. Talk about experience, the guides are 6th generation Floridians who know the flatwoods, marshes and hammocks like they were in their own back yards. Hunting is hard work. There is nothing like settling in for the night at an authentic Florida 'old-time' dude ranch. But first the hunt.Talk about the Real Florida, this place is 40,000 acres in the middle of no-man's-land:It's been drizzling rain the entire day. Look at those dark clouds.Stop us from hog hunting?  NO WAY!Look at the rooting around that feeder:Huge problem... The wind is swirling from all directions. My pine & fresh earth scent wafers help. But we are trying to out-do a creature with a nose that defies the imagination. It won't be easy.Let's get set-up:I will be using my trusted Marlin .45-70 Stainless Guide Gun. It plays no games; neither do I:5:00 PM... A huge boar cautiously approaches. I remain absolutely still. He is a real trophy. I want this one! Before I can even think about reaching for the .45-70 he smells me and takes off like the bullet I never had a chance to use. A huge flock of crows fly over tree-top-high.Talk about squawking! This is our Florida. You never know what you are going to see. Out walks a turkey. They can't smell like a hog, but boy can they see. Once again I remain perfectly sill. Regardless this bird withthe eyes spots me and takes off even faster than the trophy boar hog. It's getting dark. Oh Well!  At least I'm saving on ammunition. Just before putting the .45-70 away I see movement in the bushes. It's a hog. I try to line up the cross-hairs of my NIKON 3X9 scope. NO WAY! It's just too dark.As a last resort it's SKY-RAY 5,000 lumens light time. From past experience I have leaned he will do one of two things... Take off like a bullet, or pay no attention to the light. I flip the switch; that Sky-Ray lights him up like it was day light. He pays no attention to the light. I cock the hammer on my Marlin Stainless Guide Gun and touch the trigger. With a tremendous roar, and the kick of a mule, that Hornady LEVERevolution 325 grainFlex-Tip is on its way. Hog down; hog down and out.My guide, Marlon, is so proud of me. Heck! I am proud of me too! My new friend is joined by his partner, Cole:Two of the best in the business:Think the hunt is over? Think again!Want even more of Florida's best:And the best part... When hunting with Trophy Hammock Outfitters we can save BIG bucks at River Ranch.Like a cold one after the hunt? As a Florida native who grew up in the forties I remember a Florida a lot different from the Florida we know today.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-