Author Topic: BORN TO HUNT  (Read 853 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
BORN TO HUNT
« on: July 31, 2021, 12:17:16 AM »
BORN TO HUNT

As a Florida native who was born into a hunting family I was:The August issue of Woods'nWater Magazine...Only!Talk about bringing back memories:During the fifties I was determined to make good at one of the most difficult High Schools in the country:I did just that. I graduated in 1961 in the top third of my class. That was the toughest four years of my life. The stress level was off the chart. No better way to manage stress than spending quality time in the woods challenging the cotton tail rabbit with Red Bone & Beagle hounds. Until you have heard/seen for yourself you would never believe the mighty 'ROAR' of that little Beagle Hound. In 1970 I married Thelma, the girl of my dreams. Thelma was born on a mountain top in Tennessee. Hunting was second nature to her. This girl from the Volunteer State was my wife, the mother of our three daughters, and my best hunting partner ever.We were members of Madison Florida's Buck & Boar Hunting Club for twenty years:The hog hunting was absolutely outstanding. I snapper this picture just before pulling the trigger:Shortly after our 39'th wedding anniversary cancer took her. My hunting career was over. Or was it?Alone, and with increased age, I could not do the things we did together. Decided to try high-fence hunting. After doing it on my own for over sixty years would the thrill of the hunt still be there. You had better believe it. Someone else does all the work; we have all the fun:To this day I am still trying to beat my all time...I take my hunting seriously. My Marlin .45-70 Stainless Guide Gun, 'plays-no-games!'I do my best to make a quick, humane, kill. Shot placement is critical:Critical but not always possible. When less than that so called perfect-placement shot is just not there the damage done by that 405 gr .45-70 puts them on the ground & keeps them there. I know I snapped this picture as I pulled the trigger:Our youth are the future of our sport.Drugs, getting into trouble... NO WAY! As seen in the August issue of Woods'nWater Magazine... I'm more interested in, 'pulling that trigger!'The expression on young Gracie Taylor's face says it all. This young lady is hooked for life. The future of our sport is in good hands. And now... The best of the best!With that I can take it no more. Up next I will be chasing my 'personal best' with:Wild boars in the 300+ pound range possess unimaginable survival skills. If I cannot do it during the day; up next: As a Florida native who was born into a hunting family I remain, BORN TO HUNT! No better way to manage stress than spending quality time in the woods.credits:Getty Images
Jesuit High School
Woods'nWater Magazine

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-