Author Topic: Very preliminary boat shopping  (Read 2129 times)

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
Very preliminary boat shopping
« on: May 23, 2012, 10:03:06 AM »
 So, I sold my 21' Hydra Sports CC this year. I'll hopefully be getting back into boating next year. My plans are to get another CC but downsize to an 18 footer. I plan to rack store it in Sea Bright and trailer occasionally.

I've been looking at a few models and here's what I'm considering. Please post any thuoghts or experience on these models.

Robalo R18: A really "big" 18. Lots of freeboard and nice fit and finish. The only drawback is I don't like the console setup. It has a swinging door at the front. Seems like the forward seat is wasted space and there is a horizontal seam at the top which I think will leak over time. The dealer is local to me.

Clearwater 1800: More of a skiff style with low gunnels. Nice fit and finsh. Would be trailer nice and I could mount a troling motor for occaisional freshwater bass trips. Drawback is that it would probably be wet in a little slop. Same dealer as Robalo.

Mako 18CC: I like the layout of this one best. Nice substantial hull. Drawback is that I've heard a ot of negative comments about recent Makos.

Parker 180CC: I really like the simple open layout and Parker has a great reputation. Very expensive boat.

Boston Whaler 17 Montauk: BW's reputation speaks for itself.  Great simple layout. Easy trailerability. Big bucks for a 17 footer. 

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Re: Very preliminary boat shopping
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:12:01 AM »
Parker. Or BW. Both you will pay more but they also hold their value better than many others. Hmmm, I wonder why that is????

IMO it is because they are worth it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:12:38 AM by wb »

Offline captainbailey

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:46:22 AM »
 whs
Z

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »
Every BW I have come across has been beautiful and I have not heard anything bad about them... Im not that mechanical, but they are really nice boats! Good luck! Be sure to post photos of what you decide on!  grtn

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
It's like high end cars. You pay at the begining or you pay at the end.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-