Author Topic: Beach report  (Read 2832 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Beach report
« on: February 02, 2013, 01:25:11 PM »
Photos first thud Did it this way wrote up articcal and lost it  5hrug
In Short 2 Guys fishing Ocean Grove only 2 I saw from OG to Hook. Not much has changed building going on all over. The Belford CoOp is and Fish Store is Now open he told me for the past 2 weeks they have been open  ??? They were unloading Draged Crabs from the Raritan Bay They should taste good thd. They had in the store some FLUKE like 8-10 LB ones for sale. And Many more typs of fish. Prices are High but thats the times we now live in. Remember a 25lb Box of whiting $10 bucks. A fish sandwich at Key Port fishery is Now $7.75 fries included.
Other notes The Sandy hook bay entrance to the rivers is shoaled over bad be carefull it showed since it was a very low tide.   
Another Note Julians Bait and tackle was open and The sign said FRESH Clams and BUNKER  clp so Go get them I will be inside where its warm TILL  :headscra: Bill
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:51:06 PM by overbite »

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Beach report
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 02:09:34 PM »
 t^...Thanks for the report... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 03:07:32 PM »
 clp TT^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 03:24:59 PM »
 t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 05:05:40 PM »
 clp clp

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 08:26:07 PM »
 chrz  thanks
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »
And a few more.  slt Tht raised house is one of a few in progress, This one was done way before Sandy hit. Union Beach will look like South Carolina coast line. where The houses are all raised up.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 04:44:59 AM »
 t^ That house was raised an additional 3 feet after the storm thud. That rock pile thats in the second pic is rumored to be a plane that crashed many moons ago  5hrug
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 12:09:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply Al. I thought that house looked Higher. That Rock Pile also is like others in the bay taht are remnents of sailing ships that carried them for ballast. I have walked out to it and and around it. looks like just rocks to me, Caught a lot of Fish between it and the beach. Someone used to put a Bouy on it but have not lately. And when that winter west wind tide drives out the water I would put on waders and gather Lost takle. sinkers galore, Off the start of the Mud bank west end UB there were some Big truck tires 50 or so yards out that hung up many rigs, They are in line with that last remaining Piling,  :headscra: And used to paddle my kayak over to the keansburg pier and gather tackle off the pilings, could not belive what some people would use  fcp. Note The bottom off the beachs in UB are exposed to some junk that was buried and now exposed swimming there will be dangerous. along with the pollution they are still dumping Raw sewerage in Middlesex into the river fcp smk.
But don't anyone dump thier boat waste tank The DEP will get you and fine you for that 12 Gal.  fngr

Offline Reefsquatter

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 04:47:37 PM »
Nice report, hope the waste problem gets solved soon

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-