Author Topic: Another Bass Last Night  (Read 5432 times)

Offline kayak1

• only at night
Another Bass Last Night
« on: March 23, 2011, 07:39:16 AM »
Left work at 6:30 and was fishing by 7:00..... was on my way home by 7:30... I had 1 Bass that hit the yellow plug hard 24" But still a bass.

Time to fish guys.....The bass are on the move

Kayak 1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: Another Bass Last Night
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 07:45:25 AM »
 clp  GREAT NEWS  clp
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 08:56:12 AM »
Good stuff Dave.  Thanks for the report.   t^
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 09:39:54 AM »
 whs

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 10:09:51 AM »
nice t^

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 10:21:59 AM »
 clp

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 11:59:44 AM »
 t^ nice  ;D

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 04:23:01 PM »
Thanks,   Did happen to see a yellow mikes topwater plug float by yesterday?? :-\ :-\ ;D
Lost mine around 1pm  :P
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »
 fcp

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 04:39:51 PM »
Left work at 6:30 and was fishing by 7:00..... was on my way home by 7:30... I had 1 Bass that hit the yellow plug hard 24" But still a bass.

Time to fish guys.....The bass are on the move

Kayak 1
Shorebound or in the yak??? March weather is back in winter mode today  ??? Been out here and there myself but no luck yet. Any day now......  ;D

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 07:35:11 PM »
With the hours I work this time of year.... I don't have a chance to get in the kayak much Monday - Friday.

I only get a short window in the morning on my way in to work or on my way back home at night....I just pull into the side streets and make couple casts on my way.

That's really what makes the bay such a great place to fish in the spring for Bass and Weakfish.... Is that there are docks, street ends,Beach areas,parking lots,bulkheads,marsh areas and the list goes on....

The big problem is that we spend more time driving past these spots thinking that there are no fish......Because they just crab and catch snappers in the summer in those areas.....But really these are the spot's that you should be fishing.....

I have had the same job for 24 year's and take the same route every day.....Trust me it took many years to find the best spots....But I know you guys drive right past all these areas just like me....

Carry your fishing rod in your car or truck.....Mine does not ever come out.....Just so if I see a spot I can stop and fish it at any point....

The number one biggest mistakes I see and hear from guys is.....Fisherman think just way to much...Trust me.....These spots where found just because I seen a spot and stopped and made a couple casts with a plug.....

The fish are there.... In fact....The funny thing is....They have always been there the entire time.....The problem is we just think that there is no way a 15 pound fish would be there.....But they are.

If you ever fished a bass blitz on the beach at low tide.....you would know that bass only need enough water to cover there backs to feel safe....and if the bait is there....they are going to get it....The bay is the same way.

Get out and just fish.....stop make a couple cast's in the bay this spring....Its such a great place to fish in the spring with a kayak or just walking....Hope to see some of you out there.

Kayak 1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline J

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 08:05:04 PM »
 t^ good one
J

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 08:40:07 PM »
 ;D you're right ,see ya out there  ;D

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 08:41:31 AM »
With the hours I work this time of year.... I don't have a chance to get in the kayak much Monday - Friday.

I only get a short window in the morning on my way in to work or on my way back home at night....I just pull into the side streets and make couple casts on my way.

That's really what makes the bay such a great place to fish in the spring for Bass and Weakfish.... Is that there are docks, street ends,Beach areas,parking lots,bulkheads,marsh areas and the list goes on....

The big problem is that we spend more time driving past these spots thinking that there are no fish......Because they just crab and catch snappers in the summer in those areas.....But really these are the spot's that you should be fishing.....

I have had the same job for 24 year's and take the same route every day.....Trust me it took many years to find the best spots....But I know you guys drive right past all these areas just like me....

Carry your fishing rod in your car or truck.....Mine does not ever come out.....Just so if I see a spot I can stop and fish it at any point....

The number one biggest mistakes I see and hear from guys is.....Fisherman think just way to much...Trust me.....These spots where found just because I seen a spot and stopped and made a couple casts with a plug.....

The fish are there.... In fact....The funny thing is....They have always been there the entire time.....The problem is we just think that there is no way a 15 pound fish would be there.....But they are.

If you ever fished a bass blitz on the beach at low tide.....you would know that bass only need enough water to cover there backs to feel safe....and if the bait is there....they are going to get it....The bay is the same way.

Get out and just fish.....stop make a couple cast's in the bay this spring....Its such a great place to fish in the spring with a kayak or just walking....Hope to see some of you out there.

Kayak 1

clp clp clp
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 09:06:55 AM »
Well said Kayak t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-