Author Topic: Flukin Sandy Hook (5/20)  (Read 4383 times)

Offline DJ76

Flukin Sandy Hook (5/20)
« on: May 20, 2012, 04:52:55 PM »
Decided to go out on a party boat today and we fished the SH bay in a bunch of different locations.  conditions were pretty bad with wind against tide.  Out of the three of us fishing I got one short and that is it.  we tried gulp, killie & squid.  12 ounces was tuff to hold bottom today.  On a positibe note....gentlemen fishing next to me landed a 27"+ fish weighing in at 9.5#s.  beautiful fish caught at the last drift on north side of navy pier.  fishing not good but still a good time with the fam out on the water.
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Flukin Sandy Hook (5/20)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 07:26:05 PM »
fishing not good but still a good time with the fam out on the water.

That's what it's about. Get em next time. t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 08:45:09 PM »
Nice report and I am sure a nice day with the family. Get em next time for sure.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 08:48:51 PM »
Thanks for the report . slt

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 08:58:44 PM »
At least you got to wet a line. Better Luck next trip. t^
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 12:36:32 AM »
 t^ Thanks
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline DJ76

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 02:51:22 PM »
FYI large one caught next to me was on spearing/squid combo.
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 03:12:33 PM »
I think the water it a lil chilly...caught a few skates since I have been out this season. :-\ I was out sat and sun; sat caught one keeper right off the right side of the keansburg pier... blues were massive that day..threw a few of them in the cooler too. Eventually put some wire leader on... can only tie so many rigs before the frustration sets in. We used gulp spearing belly and squid. All I needed were killes but my palce didnt get them in yet. Glad to hear you were with family! That makes it all worth wild! I try to get one day on the weekend in with my brother and his wife. Now, if I can only get her to bait her own hook and take her fish off I would get alot more time in myself.  rofla  Good luck!!!! Go get um!!!!

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 06:58:05 PM »
 5hrug  Thanks for the report, Get'em next time.. chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »
 whs t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »
I think the water it a lil chilly...caught a few skates since I have been out this season. :-\ I was out sat and sun; sat caught one keeper right off the right side of the keansburg pier... blues were massive that day..threw a few of them in the cooler too. Eventually put some wire leader on... can only tie so many rigs before the frustration sets in. We used gulp spearing belly and squid. All I needed were killes but my palce didnt get them in yet. Glad to hear you were with family! That makes it all worth wild! I try to get one day on the weekend in with my brother and his wife. Now, if I can only get her to bait her own hook and take her fish off I would get alot more time in myself.  rofla  Good luck!!!! Go get um!!!!

All my notes from last season showed when water temps were between 58-64 degrees, 25-35 feet of water was best.  Mostly in the evening hours.  I think they're here, just that most people are fishing the Stripers still.
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 06:07:47 AM »
 ;D Yep I agree.... i am trying to land my first striper while fluking. I think the good thing, even though I prefer to drift for the fluke, is that from reading everyone posts both fish are right inside which works great for me. 25-30... nice water.... ill try again this sat. Thanks!!!  t^

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 08:15:46 AM »
I think the water it a lil chilly...

mee too

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »
Nice day with the family. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 06:22:50 PM »

Killies are the only thing more expensive than gas, Get yourself a trap bread and crumbled up potato chips and find some shallow salt water t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 06:53:54 AM »

Killies are the only thing more expensive than gas, Get yourself a trap bread and crumbled up potato chips and find some shallow salt water t^
5hrug my only problem is where to put it.... when we had our slip my dad and I it was different... now I have to worry about someone messing with it... and im not even worried about the kids...  >:(

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-