Author Topic: Dry Top, which one do you use?  (Read 10437 times)

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
Re: Dry Top, which one do you use?
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 12:11:48 PM »
Dave, good points!   t^

JD, from my experience I've stood in the wash chest deep and stayed dry....just don't go over the top of ur wader line, if possible. You shld wear them as high   as comfortable as possible, tighten the shoulder straps. Buy a size bigger so u can layer if need be. Remember cotton is the enemy so wear wool socks if you can. I've accidentally swam in my waders and top for a few minutes when I stepped into a hole and came out dry....lucky!

Dave when is ur seminar @ ronnies again? Is like to see it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 01:13:08 PM by Tacklebox Joe »

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »
May 14 at 600pm...............

I wear the same gear on the kayak as I do when I'm fishing the sand beach in Lavallette....Or swimming around the rocks of Montauk.

I start off with a 3mm Farmer John wet suite....Then a Dry Top and Dry Pants with a good belt.....I'm warm and dry all day.

Keep in mind.....Your core being the chest area is what you need to keep warm.....So if I know I'm going to be swimming this time of year...I will add another 3mm jacket over the farmer John...Thats 6mm to keep my core warm...Just in case I go in the drink......

Check out NRS on line....... You will see what I'm talking about with Dry Tops and Dry Pants...

Kayak 1

The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 12:55:35 PM »
Thanks Dave, heard good things about NRS from Chris Shoplock  t^

I'm looking into the Farmer John Style myself. Preferably a 3mm...what suggestions do you have in brand?

Offline conedoggy

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 02:28:18 PM »
well being that i am from pennsylvania... thud  i don't need no stinking rain gear.... i just get all wet, i found out i dry off just fine.. cfzd... what can i say 5hrug

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 03:49:48 PM »
Stay with NRS for all your gear.....The price is better then any other....also they have a great  return policy.

If I can help more just ask.....

Kayak 1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-