Author Topic: National Lead and Bass Pro Shops  (Read 3699 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
National Lead and Bass Pro Shops
« on: July 25, 2012, 04:49:18 PM »
 :headscra:Just read in the APP that there almost ready to start The giant build on that site. its the first I heard of it. BUT 5hrug Got a Call from IKAT and only after a 2 hour conversation on the phone that only 2 old timers could have. he told me that's been in the works for years  fcp we had so much in common growing up and fishing and people we had in common, and old land marks up and down the Jersey coast out to PA,It sure is a small world,
IKAT chrz chrz chrz

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
Re: National Lead and Bass Pro Shops
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »
 There was supposed to be a cabelas in the meadowlands, but i think they scraped that idea. A bass pro could be a nice substitute.
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline DJ76

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:14:24 PM »
gonna need a second job to support that habit!!!
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 09:33:43 PM »
I was at the Cabelas in PA Its a great experience just to browse. with the exhibits they have, clp Almost stopped at bass pro in Baltimore  :headscra:
But to put a Cabelas in the Medowlands  would be worse then The USS New Jersey In Camden Has been  fcp And is looking for a new home. Big Al how about Key port My suggestion Liberty State Park.

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 07:53:10 AM »
 Bass pro in baltimore really isn't that great, not as cool as cabelas anyways. The bass pro there is in a mall, which i think restricted them.
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline Mbailey33

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 07:54:04 AM »
I was at the Cabelas in PA Its a great experience just to browse. with the exhibits they have

I live about 30mins south of that Cabelas.....way to close for my own good.

Its akin to building a shoe store across the street from my wife  ;D
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 08:24:54 AM »
I have friends working at the new Bass Pro sight in Sayerville NJ.  On the Raritan river. Included will be luxury and common housing, several other retail stores, waterfront restaurants, hotels and 2 marinas. I have read about this online while doing a search on Bass Pro Sayerville. t^
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:28:53 AM by Hunter 2 »
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »
Bill---nice talking to you yesterday

Silver Queen  the one and only   t^

Some info from 2011--I think the whole plan started in 2008.

SAYREVILLE — A major retailer of outdoor recreational items is planning to open a store in the borough.

Bass Pro Shops has signed a letter of intent to lease a 200,000-square-foot retail store at The Point, a mixed-use development planned at the former site of National Lead Industries, according to the site’s developer, O’Neill Properties Group.
The planned store of the Springfield, Mo.–based company would be the first in New Jersey for Bass Pro Shops and one of the largest in the Northeast, Larry Whiteley of Bass Pro Shops said.

“The shop will be about the size of 5½ football fields,” Whiteley said. “Each store is a natural history museum, an aquarium, an art gallery, an antique shop and a conservation education center.”
And, he added, the stores do sell a full line of outdoor recreational equipment, clothing and gifts.“But the unique thing about our stores is that every one of them is themed for that particular area of the country,” he said. “Not one is alike. We give so much space to telling the story or history of that area. This store has the potential for being one of our best stores. This project is making it a tremendous location for us.”

The local store would join the 56 Bass Pro Shops currently open, Whiteley said, adding that two more stores are slated to open by the end of the year.
The Point is a planned 8 million–square–foot development that is slated to include a 3 million–square–foot mall and entertainment district. The plans also include 2,000 high-end residential units, 650,000 square feet of office space, hotels and two luxury marinas. The plan also includes waterfront dining, a community center, bike trails, walking paths and an open-space area.
“The Point will be a pedestrian friendly community providing visitors and residents alike with a lifestyle experience unequaled in the tri-state area,” said Brian O’Neill, founder and chairman of O’Neill Properties Group. “Moreover, it will generate thousands of jobs and millions of dollars in new tax revenue.

The estimated development cost for project is about $2 billion, officials said.

Store in first phase

The planned Bass Pro Shops store would be located in The Landing at The Point, which is slated to be the first phase of development, according to the developer.
The Landing at The Point will include several big-box stores, a supermarket, a health club and entertainment destinations. The first retail tenant is expected on site in 2013.
Plans for The Mall at The Point include up to five luxury fashion department stores, retail stores and restaurants. It will be designed with the latest technology, including interactive touch screens, synchronized outdoor LED media towers for brand advertising and messaging, and large outdoor high-definition screens broadcasting live sporting events, concerts and other entertainment, officials said.
The interior will be built based on environmentally friendly principles, with two- and three-story indoor streetscapes throughout.

O’Neill Properties is conducting a worldwide search for a developer for The Mall at The Point, officials said. A mall developer is expected to be selected by the third quarter of 2011.
The Point is a brownfield development and revitalization project, with 74 acres of protected wetlands and wind and solar farms planned on an additional 14 acres. The project also will feature green building construction.”
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:22:25 PM by IKAT »

Offline DJ76

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 02:56:04 PM »
fyi there is a bass pro in harrisburg, PA that i have taken a trip to on occasion...after pit stopping at the cabelas of course...it has a decent salt selection but nothing to write home about.
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 03:38:07 PM »
I live in Sayreville. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anything to happen with that site. There has been talk and plans and more talk about what was coming to that site for about 10 years. My favorite was the minor league baseball team and hockey rink.
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 06:11:09 AM »
There was supposed to be a cabelas in the meadowlands, but i think they scraped that idea. A bass pro could be a nice substitute.

yeah it was gonna be a huge cabelas there at the xanadu complex complete with indoor skiing, But LEGO pulled out and so did everyone else now the buildings just sitting there 60% complete. Every wonder why the building is so many different color blocks :headscra: LEGO
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 06:49:54 AM »

yeah it was gonna be a huge cabelas there at the xanadu complex complete with indoor skiing, But LEGO pulled out and so did everyone else now the buildings just sitting there 60% complete. Every wonder why the building is so many different color blocks :headscra: LEGO

Yea Al Chasintails-from on here has been at xanadu working for months-Only way to get a day off is to be in the hospital. His boat is still at my house.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 10:16:22 AM »
No need to hold ones breath seems Hunter 2 has a handle on the progress at The Cabelas new site and more. Xanadu is in a war with The Jet and giants over parking and jurisdiction. As for the National Lead  cfzd project I have been thinking of a Bay and Sea food Restaurant located right on the Waters edge there, with a deck out over the River Serving only locally caught fish and shell fish from the Bay and river. featured will be the Hairy Crab. PCB basted Striped Bass, Petroleum fried Fluke and blue fish from the Arthur Kill. Arsenic laced fish from the bay area,  slt :headscra: 5hrug rofla      

Almost left out Chocolate  Covered Green Heads. and Southern Fried Musk RAT.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:14:15 AM by overbite »

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »
Residential units? You mean I could live in walking distance to my boat and a huge BPS? Where do I sign?
 ;D

Smells like a Xanadu type boondoggle to me though. :P

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-