Author Topic: I love hunting & fishing in Florida!  (Read 1328 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
I love hunting & fishing in Florida!
« on: August 04, 2011, 03:15:34 AM »
 clp
I am a life long sportsman. I love hunting every bit as much as fishing. Florida
has, not only some of the best fishing in the world, but the best hunting also.
I have been hunting and fishing in Florida, and all over the country, for over 1/2 a century. I have tracked deer in the snows of Maine. I have hunted the Black Belt area of Alabama. I have chased elk in New Mexico. I have harvested trophy deer in Georgia. Never-the-less, my very favorite hunting experiences center around hunting hogs in Florida. For twenty one years I have been a member of Buck & Boar Hunting Club, Madison, Florida. Buck & Boar is absolutely loaded with hogs, and, in addition, many trophy bucks and turkeys are harvested every year.
Buck & Boar is a first class hunting club with a camp ground featuring a walk inn cooler, running water, electricity, and a bath house.
Setting up & maintaining stand sights requires a great deal of work. As I get older, I have been forced to limit my hunting to places that are not so demanding; places that offer good hunting, yet most of the work is done for you. After a great deal of research, I decided to check out Tiger Island Outfitters at Cedar Key, Florida. Tiger Island is a fenced hunting area. After hunting wide open spaces for so many years, I must admit, I was apprehensive. Will this be like shooting hogs in a pen? I am a sportsman! I will not participate in a set-up situation. I decided to find out for myself. I am glad I did! The hogs are fenced but free running, and every bit as wild as the trophy boars I have been hunting for so many years. At Buck and Boar I sat up, and maintained my own stands. I hunted from a ground blind over an electric corn feeder. Tiger Island, much to my delight, is set up the exact same way. Only difference is that the stand sights are set up and maintained by someone else. All the fun, but none of the work.
Just for the record, I am in absolutely no way working for either Buck & Boar or Tiger Island. However, with over 1/2 a century of experience behind me, I know a good thing when I see it. As such, my advice would be if you have enough time, energy, and desire, join a hunting club like Buck & Boar. However, if you have the desire, but not the time or energy, give outfitters such as Tiger Island a chance. You will be glad you did!
I will be headed towards Tiger Island August 9'th. I will not be looking for trophy boars, but 60-80 pound grilling hogs, my real trophies.
Bob Harbison Native Florida recreational hunter & fisherman.
This is the type of hunting I did at Buck & Boar for many years. I will now do the same at Tiger Island Outfitters

This is why I like hog hunting so much:

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-