Author Topic: best places to shore fish winter flounder  (Read 5566 times)

Offline Scott Bailey

• seabass sharks cod ling stripers i love fishing
best places to shore fish winter flounder
« on: February 16, 2015, 05:53:14 AM »
Im looking for the best places to fish winter flounder from shore and the best times to fish them i know chumming heavily helps

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
Re: best places to shore fish winter flounder
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:32:20 AM »
You could try off the tennis courts in Belmar ...
Productive spot for years ...

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 09:40:03 AM »
Fish Market!
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 10:07:17 AM »
I have gone for them in a long time but I used to get them at Mantoloking bridge and near the boat ramp at Belmar marina

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 11:25:20 AM »
You could try off the tennis courts in Belmar ...
Productive spot for years ...

Okay is there a name for the tennis courts and do you need a freshwater license to fish there
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:17:59 PM by Scott Bailey »

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 11:28:49 AM »
I have gone for them in a long time but I used to get them at Mantoloking bridge and near the boat ramp at Belmar marina

Okay where exactly at by the bridge and do you need a freshwater license to fish there
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:18:29 PM by Scott Bailey »

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 12:28:22 PM »

Okay where exactly at by the bridge and do you need a freshwater license to fish there

right off the walkway on the north side. Used to be decent but I haven't gone for out for winter flounder for a long time. It may have changed after sandy.  But both are easy to get to

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 12:56:30 PM »

right off the walkway on the north side. Used to be decent but I haven't gone for out for winter flounder for a long time. It may have changed after sandy.  But both are easy to get to

Okay im not that familure with the area is there a map of some kind i never fished belmar

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 01:44:33 PM »
You can't miss the tennis courts at Belmar. They are just south (to the left) of the municipal boat ramp on Rt 35. The boat ramp is at the south end of the municipal marina while the party boats are at the north end, if that description of the area helps any. The tennis courts are the fenced in area with the black top and nets dividing the fenced in blacktop area.  ;D You will probably see others fishing off the bulkhead behind the tennis courts.

You can also fish near the boat ramp. Try to get the corner where the bulkhead for the ramp is and cast out toward the opening of the ramp. Plenty of parking at both spots this time of year.

No freshwater license needed but you do need to renew your saltwater registry for this year, 2015.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 01:55:21 PM »
You can't miss the tennis courts at Belmar. They are just south (to the left) of the municipal boat ramp on Rt 35. The boat ramp is at the south end of the municipal marina while the party boats are at the north end, if that description of the area helps any. The tennis courts are the fenced in area with the black top and nets dividing the fenced in blacktop area.  ;D You will probably see others fishing off the bulkhead behind the tennis courts.

You can also fish near the boat ramp. Try to get the corner where the bulkhead for the ramp is and cast out toward the opening of the ramp. Plenty of parking at both spots this time of year.

No freshwater license needed but you do need to renew your saltwater registry for this year, 2015.

Okay thanks that makes it a bit easier lol

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 02:54:42 PM »
Here's a couple screenshots

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 07:40:55 PM »
 t^
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 08:14:38 PM »
If Belmar is the closest to you, and you want to fish from land, than those docks are the best place.  We used to rent a little boat from Capt Bill's across the river, but he's not there anymore.  If you want to rent a boat, try Fisherman's Den.  I'm not sure if they rent boats there anymore or not.

If you want to come further south, down here by me, Oyster Creek is a good spot for winter flounder.  There's a good chance of catching some schoolie stripers as well. t^

Offline Fisherman120

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 11:14:30 PM »
Wow, didn't know the courts were that close to the party boats. Is it true it's a good fluking spot too?

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 11:28:07 AM »
If Belmar is the closest to you, and you want to fish from land, than those docks are the best place.  We used to rent a little boat from Capt Bill's across the river, but he's not there anymore.  If you want to rent a boat, try Fisherman's Den.  I'm not sure if they rent boats there anymore or not.

If you want to come further south, down here by me, Oyster Creek is a good spot for winter flounder.  There's a good chance of catching some schoolie stripers as well. t^

I know some parts of the creek you need a freshwater license to fish and im just outside Philadelphia  i mainly fish the concrete wall at manasquan but i dont  know  if winter flounder go through there or not so im trying to find the best areas to go fish and catch a couple nice ones for dinner and i cant rent a boat i dont even have a drivers license lol
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:38:23 AM by Scott Bailey »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-