Author Topic: Ocean Vs. Back Bay Waters  (Read 3835 times)

Offline kayak1

• only at night
Ocean Vs. Back Bay Waters
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:27:39 PM »
If I had to pick between the back bay and the ocean for all my fishing..... I'm going with the back bay hands down.

I had the great pleasure of being able to fish this area for the past 47 years....I had the Barnegate Bay in my back yard and the ocean just a couple blocks away.... While at a very young age I had some of the best Bass fisherman teach me how,when and where to fish.....Including what bait to use and why......

It sure didn't take long....even as a Young kid to figure out that bass would eat just about anything that would swim past them.....and size didn't matter....

The other thing I figured out was that all the bait fish that those bass where feeding on in the ocean started there life circle in the back bays of our area......Spearing,Bunker,Snappers,Eels,Crabs,
Flounder,Mullet and herring....all the good things that bass love to eat.....

The spring time for those of us who know the back bay also know that the BlueFish,WeakFish,Fluke and Bass all enter into our bays to feed on these bait fish.....This is like going to the best buffet in the world....

When I say the spring..... my first Bass will come in March and the last in December.....I dint need my kayak or a boat to find these fish....They are just there.....where they have been for the past 47 years that I can remember.....

I see some of the fish the guys come in to the local tackle stores with that are caught at the ocean....and offten wonder if they know the bridge they drove over to get to the beach had bigger fish under it......Or the dock they crab on in the summer......is the same dock I fish after they go home....

If you want to wet a line this spring....and maybe feel a tug at the other end of that wet line.....Don't be in a rush to hit the ocean just yet......Because by the time the ocean heats up in mid May.....I will already have caught many keeper size fish in the great Barnegate Bay.....

The area from Pt.Pleasant Inlet to the Barnegate Inlet is the area I fish....I sure hope to be able to enjoy another 47 years of the fishing I have had......I sure cant fish all this area myself its much to large of an area to cover....Don't ever give up.....keep fishing.....the time you spend fishing.......will pay off.

Enjoy.......

The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
Re: Ocean Vs. Back Bay Waters
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:33:50 PM »
wow, that was an inspiring read. I am ready to go right now! clp t^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 06:09:23 AM »
 t^

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 08:18:03 AM »
Been following your adventures in the bay for quite awhile. Next week we'll be starting a new season for bass in the bay. Hope we get some great weather to help  get into some early action.  ;D

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 08:38:40 AM »
 t^

Offline Fireman Ed

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 01:07:40 PM »
Im ready to go any day now slt
IBSP #4333-1 Gray Ford F-150. Go Big or Go home empty handed!!

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 02:04:51 PM »
wow, that was an inspiring read. I am ready to go right now! clp t^
t^ t^ t^ whs t^ t^ t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 12:18:06 PM »
Thanks guys...... The one thing I didnt bring up is all the spring fishing Im doing is not 100% at night..... 80% is done from 4:00pm till dark and just before sun rise.... The spring run in the bay is good anytime of the day.
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 01:04:18 PM »
thats great.. I could use some help in the Barnegate bay this season. I will be towing my boat and launching out of AH for April, May and June for the stripers, since I am very familiar with that area, but from the end of June to the end of the season, I will be lagoon front in Toms River, just north of the Seaside Bridge.  I could use some bay fishing help once I am there. 
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline bunkerchaser

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 02:24:34 PM »
Great info!
Can't wait for it to warm up.   rgmn
Become one with the Bunker :-)

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 02:38:40 PM »
I agree with you 100%. Although I enjoy all sorts of fishing, light tackle and shallow water is my favorite.

I'd rather catch 18" stripers on light spinning gear in the bay than 30 lbers on heavy tackle and deep water.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-