Author Topic: A little help with Great Bay & Little Egg  (Read 5532 times)

Offline john0185

• Full Member of the Den
A little help with Great Bay & Little Egg
« on: March 06, 2012, 03:35:09 PM »
 Looking for any help and/or tips I can get for the area. My buddy and I are going to be fishing the area this year. We have always fished either up north Sandy Hook Raritan bay or south Capemay Delaware bay. This year trying central Jersey. Got a Seasonal site for the camper at Timberline for the wives and kids and a slip at Shelter Cove for us to fish out of. Any advise/or spots would be helpful. Blues, striper, flounder, drum we're not picky if it will make a line tight we'll fish for it. Thanks

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
Re: A little help with Great Bay & Little Egg
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »
Scotts Bait and Tackle - Lots of info online.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 06:48:47 PM »
Grassy Channel.  Clamming for Bass t^
LBI  The red tower..

Sod Banks.. t^ ( Green heads)... fcp

Then there is little egg reef.  4 or so mile straight out..

Watch the inlet.  it has some very low spots..

let us know how you make out t^

Offline Maritime Matt

• Sponsor
  • Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilothouse USCG Lic
    • TASKMARINE.COM
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 12:10:56 AM »
I live in the Mystic Island section of Little Egg. Watch those channel markers once your out of Tuckerton Creek and making your way South to the Inlet. SHALLOW water every where. As Rod said, Little Egg Reef is fairly close and Garden State South not too far either. You can just about walk across Great Bay in most parts, but there is some good flukin around the Stink House. Ya just gotta fish differently than the deep waters of the Hook. If you want a cool place to drink a few cold ones and get some good grub,  chrz, make your way to the west side of Great Bay and look for Mott's Creek  TT^. Plenty of water to get in but dockage is limited, specially on weekends. My favorite for sure. Also there's a nice place inside Viking Yachting Center called Breeze's, off the Mullica River just a bit more to the North. There is a sandbar thats gettin real popular in front of the Fish Factory at Low Tide for hangin out at too. Anf if you have a boat/motor problem, I'm just a phone call away. E-mail or call if ya need more info.
Capt.Matt

WWW.TASKMARINE.COM     Marine SERVICE, Parts & More

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 07:41:18 AM »
 stripers and drum in grassy channel, watch how you get to it, surrounded by low spots

early stripers off graveling point

early fluking around the stink house, and the icw.  sheepshead creek will also hold some fluke in the deeper spots. been awhile, but i believe i found 20-30 foot holes in it.

little egg reef 5 miles out the inlet.

fluking once it warms up around the research bouy's, they're basically 2-3 miles east of inlet, little north.

choose your path out the inlet with care.  just on the north side of the channel are sand bars, usually with breaking waves.  there was a cut to go north, choose your path wisely.

pretty much the whole area is loaded with sand bars, and shallow spots,, tread with care any where around the great bay. until you know the area, don't be following some yahoo ripping where ever.

oh, and stock up on the off,, green head capital there.
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline john0185

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 03:15:38 PM »
 Thanks for the help. I'll definitly will post how we're doing through out the year. t^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 03:45:10 PM »
Thanks for the help. I'll definitly will post how we're doing through out the year. t^
t^ clp

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-