Author Topic: Manasquan Inlet 6/26  (Read 1421 times)

Offline wink_man

Manasquan Inlet 6/26
« on: June 26, 2008, 11:30:06 PM »
Avoided the canal today because it is so infested with small bluefish, so lost9340 and I went to the beach and inlet instead. We checked in Manasquan on the beach at Lyman Street, nothing going on, no bunker to be seen, and no birds working, so we headed over to the inlet.

Went out to the rocks on the Point side, and could see multiple schools of bunker surfacing outside the inlet, but well out of casting distance. Not to many boats working the bunker schools either, the boats that were out there appeared to be fluke fishing, but not sure.

Worked jigs with white gulp minnows in the inlet as we watched the bunker schools, hoping they'd get closer, but they never did. Lost9340 caught 3 short fluke on that combination, and we both caught more sea robins than we really cared to. 2 of those lousy little 2 pound bluefish were caught by me on the same combination, God I HATE those bluefish. Lost9340 and his friend also tried poppers hoping to raise a striper but it didn't happen. Then it got a little to crowded with foreigners who bring their wives, and arm them with cheap Wal-mart combinations looking for bluefish, and I was surrounded by people casting over me and tangling up, so we were out of there. Looked like the rocks were 'little mexico' instead of the Unted States.
Plenty of bunker working just outside the inlet, but out of casting range, there were at least 3 different schools we saw, I would assume bass should be under at least some of them, if anyone is going out in a boat, look for the bunker just outside the inlet, easily less than a mile out, they were easy to see from the rocks.

Garry

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Manasquan Inlet 6/26
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 07:44:38 AM »
Nice report Garry. That inlet does get crowded with ummmmm, 'not so good' fishermen.  ;D

Great effort and info.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 07:52:56 AM »
Nice report

NJDEVIL >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 08:44:17 AM »
Great report as usual Garry  TT^ To bad Mr. Morone did'nt join the party  chrz

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-