Author Topic: Somerset Saltwater Fishing Show  (Read 47563 times)

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Somerset Saltwater Fishing Show
« on: February 07, 2013, 12:30:01 AM »
IT’S  A SALTWATER ANGLER’S PARADISE AT THE SALTWATER FISHING EXPO, MARCH 15-17, 2013,  AT GARDEN STATE  EXHIBIT CENTER,  SOMERSET, NJ

DOVER, NH– February 4, 2013 –-If you have saltwater running in  your veins, then do not miss the Saltwater Fishing Expo, March 15-17, 2013, at  the Garden State Exhibit Center in Somerset, NJ. This is the largest show  dedicated to saltwater sportfishing north of Miami, FL. Visitors will find fantastic deals  on tackle, exhibits, activities, and a bevy of saltwater superstars will be on hand  to share their secrets.“From stripers to bluefin, fluke to  bluefish, and everything in between, the saltwater angler will find everything  he or she needs to catch their dream fish,’” says Paul   Fuller, show manager. “We’re also featuring some incredible  products that are not available in retail stores, catalogues or web sites.  These are produced by small custom tackle makers who only exhibit at  specialized shows. The Expo is your chance to uncover unique products and  unique deals.”Major tackle manufacturers will be  showcasing the latest in fishing technology, and showgoers will be able to buy  this brand new gear right at the Expo. This includes tackle and gear from  inshore to offshore, and from light to worthy of big game. Exhibitors include  Shimano, Daiwa, St. Croix, Quantum, Zebco, Lamiglass, Van Stahl, Cortland and dozens more.Once you have your gear, then it is  time to plan that perfect fishing escape. Captains are on hand to book your  dream trip to the exotic destination of your choice.If a new boat is your dream, then  don’t miss the Boatyard, which offers aisle after aisle of the latest saltwater  boats, motors, kayaks, marine accessories and equipment.Every fisherman dreams of landing a  truly legendary fish, and Greg Myerson has done just that–twice. In August  2011, Myerson caught an All-Tackle World-Record Striper weighing 81.88 pounds;  in May 2012, he set the All-Tackle Length Record for a caught-and-released  striped bass. His 3.7 foot long striper is the longest one ever caught and  released, setting a new IGFA record. Meet Myerson and hear about his record  catch at the Expo.

It is a monster!  Don’t miss  your chance to view the actual taxidermist mount of a Great White Shark, caught  on August 5, 1983 by Captain Greg Dubrule and the crew of the charter boat “Seaweed  Too,” out of Noank, CT. This massive fish is 16.5 feet long,  10.5 feet in diameter and weighed in at a whopping 3,412 pounds when alive. The  taxidermist made a fiberglass mold of the original fish, and then put both  halves together; the fiberglass teeth were also molded off of the originals.

Many scientists did extensive research  on this shark, which led to the discovery of a new drug to fight off the massive  infection that frequently occurs in the wounds of shark attack victims. The  shark also holds the distinction of being the most traveled fish ever, having  been a featured attraction at all the major sport and fishing shows nationwide.  Captain Dubrule still takes to the seas, running the party boat “Black Hawk” out  of Niantic, CT.

Seminars by the superstars of saltwater  sportfishing run continuously all three days of the Expo. On hand are Captain  Al Ristori, Ron Arra, Rich Johnson, Mike Laptew,  Jimmy Gahm, Captain Pete Meyers, and many more. Now’s your chance to learn from  the masters and improve your fishing skills.

Sunday is Family Day so bring the  kids!  Children will enjoy the Scavenger Hunt and “Reel Kids” Casting Event, and  the first 100 kids under age 11 and accompanied by a paying adult will receive  a FREE Plano tackle  box. To participate in the Scavenger Hunt, stop by the Kid Fun activities area  on the first floor, get your activities checklist stamped, and then visit the Grand  Prize Giveaway booth for a free prize. “Reel Kids” gives kids of all ages  instruction in the three most important casting skills needed in bass  fishing–flipping, pitching and casting. Members of the New Jersey Bass Fishing  Federation will provide instruction.

The Saltwater Fishing Expo runs  March 15-17, 2013 at the Garden State Exhibit  Center in Somerset, NJ.  Hours are Friday, March 15, 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturday, March 16, 10:00 a.m.  to 6:00 p.m., and Sunday, March 17, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Admission is $12.00  for adults and $3.00 for children ages 5 to 11. Children under age five are  admitted FREE. A portion of all ticket sales goes toward funding “Keep America  Fishing,” the American Sportfishing Association’s angler advocacy campaign  devoted toward keeping our nation’s waters open, clean, and abundant with fish.  Tickets may be purchased online.

The Garden  State Exhibit  Center is easy to reach from throughout  New Jersey and  the Mid-Atlantic. Take Interstate 287 and Exit 10. The Saltwater Fishing Expo  is sponsored by Costa  Sunglasses, Plano Molding Company and Zancudo Lodge. For  more information, visit www.sportshows.com.

###
The American    Sportfishing Association (ASA) is the sportfishing industry’s trade association committed to representing the interests of the entire sportfishing community. We give the industry a unified voice, speaking out on behalf of sportfishing and boating industries, state and federal natural resource agencies, conservation organizations, angler advocacy groups and outdoor journalists when emerging laws and policies could significantly affect sportfishing business or sportfishing  itself. ASA invests in long-term ventures to ensure the industry will remain strong and prosperous, as well as safeguard and promote the enduring social, economic and conservation values of sportfishing in America. ASA also gives America’s 60 million anglers a voice in policy decisions that affect  their ability to sustainably fish on our nation’s waterways through KeepAmericaFishing™, our angler advocacy campaign. America’s anglers generate $48 billion in retail sales with a $115 billion impact on the nation’s economy creating employment for more than 828,000 people.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Somerset Saltwater Fishing Show
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 06:16:01 AM »
Thanks Bob. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 06:52:33 AM »
 clp clp

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 07:46:07 AM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 07:54:09 AM »
 t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 08:04:32 AM »
 ;D

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
 t^
Who's in for our usual Friday routine?  Show and the diner.

Offline DJ76

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 09:31:53 AM »
went last year and hopefully able to attend again.
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 09:32:35 AM »
It's always a fantastic show.  t^

Friday I'm working, Saturday is my day for the show.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 02:53:09 PM »
Not sure if anyone saw this.  :headscra:  

If you'd like free tickets for this show or the Suffern show click here http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/forums/index.php?topic=30632.0 t^
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:23:20 PM by Bucktail »

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 02:57:19 PM »
t^
Who's in for our usual Friday routine?  Show and the diner.

I like going on Friday.  t^  But I should be good for any day as long as I have enough notice.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 04:11:14 PM »
was this the spicy pickle show?
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 04:48:37 PM »
was this the spicy pickle show?
All kinds o pickles  t^

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »
Whos going?
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 05:09:11 PM »
I will be going. Haven't knocked down a day yet.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
I will be going. Haven't knocked down a day yet.
Have to check you work schedule Joe  5hrug

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 05:46:10 PM »
Might go all 3 days since it's right around the block.  Gonna check out some reels and find a cheap curf rod. Waiting for the full schedule to come out yet.  sent them an email asking for updates a few weeks back. Said everything shoould be up 30-45 days within the show

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 06:02:42 PM »
I'll be going Friday

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 06:57:34 PM »
Not sure if anyone saw this.  :headscra:  If you'd like free tickets for this show or the Suffern show click here http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/forums/index.php?topic=30632.0 t^

Link is not working for me. ???
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 07:21:41 PM »
Sorry.  This one works. http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/forums/index.php?topic=30632.0

I fixed the link in the other post also.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-