Author Topic: old report with Al Ristori  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
old report with Al Ristori
« on: September 10, 2014, 09:02:48 AM »
Dated back to the August 25th, 2006 Star Ledger:  This is Al Ristori's report the day he fished with me.

The size wasn't as good, but there was no lack of fluke Wednesday when I joined Capt. Victor Medina of Newark to fish with Nick Di Ambrosio of Jackson on his Luna Sea 3 from Atlantic Highlands. Drifting over open bottom off Monmouth Beach produced constant action on jigs, though almost all of the 100 or so we caught in order to put eight in the box hit a Berkeley Gulp Swimming Mullet rigged as a teaser.

Live peanut bunkers were largely ignored, though they might have been too large for those fluke. One bit of excitement occurred when Di Ambrosio hooked a fish that threatened to strip his light spinning reel while Medina got broken off at the same time -- as did I while retrieving fast to run the boat. We caught up with the fish, but never saw it before the leader broke. Most likely it was a cownose ray.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
Re: old report with Al Ristori
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 09:25:03 AM »
Sounds about the same as I have been hearing this season, except for a few good days. Not speaking from my own experience, but that of others I have spoken to who were on the head boats.
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-