Author Topic: Boat is home  (Read 28517 times)

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Re: Boat is home
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2012, 09:07:23 PM »
Done!!!  Polished, waxed, slid the boat off the rollers a bit and finished up the bottom paint.  Gonna tow her back tomorrow and try and do a quick shakedown with the Mrs.  Only think that sucks is my marina is now saying no go for the slip until April 1st.  3 weeks ago they said whenever I want   5hrug
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2012, 10:40:25 AM »
Done!!!  Polished, waxed, slid the boat off the rollers a bit and finished up the bottom paint.  Gonna tow her back tomorrow and try and do a quick shakedown with the Mrs.  Only think that sucks is my marina is now saying no go for the slip until April 1st.  3 weeks ago they said whenever I want   5hrug

Good job! That really sucks about the slip. Whats the reason?

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »

Said even though my slip is ready, others are not.  He said he doesn't want his other customers getting upset that boats are in the water and their slip isn't ready.  I can live with it......I guess/

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2012, 10:50:59 AM »

Said even though my slip is ready, others are not.  He said he doesn't want his other customers getting upset that boats are in the water and their slip isn't ready.  I can live with it......I guess/

I'm sure once the other docks are in then it will be fine t^

Some has to do with INS. and some don't need boats around when adding a dock next to yours--again INS.

Swing a floating dock and it hits your boat--Who pays??

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2012, 11:33:40 AM »
You got a lot of work done, sucks you have to wait for the slip.   Have a great season.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2012, 11:55:37 AM »

I'm sure once the other docks are in then it will be fine t^

Some has to do with INS. and some don't need boats around when adding a dock next to yours--again INS.

Swing a floating dock and it hits your boat--Who pays??

Yeah, my only beef with that is there's already a couple guys in the water.  They let rack storage customers who want to go out early stay in slips until the rack service starts.  The finger docks they need to put in are nowhere near my boat.  If push came to shove I don't think he'd mind if I really pressed, just not sure I want to yet.  I was gonna use the low tide excuse since the ramp is only useful at high tide, but there will be plenty of water all evening lol. 

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2012, 01:22:56 PM »
Welp, scratch tonight.  My insurance lapsed last week so it doesn't pick up until midnight tonight.  Not gonna tow and drive without insurance.  On the flip side, I think a nice day off from work on Thursday might be in order  >:D

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2012, 01:32:10 PM »
 t^  Good luck with the shakedown!
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2012, 06:30:09 PM »
 t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-