Author Topic: 1 LB crab meat shot  (Read 8104 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
1 LB crab meat shot
« on: July 17, 2012, 11:10:52 PM »
Costco had some Philips Crab 1 lb lump $17. got it home 2 days latter smelled something in the frig. checked the Crab container and under the seal it was cracked. the meat was Bad.  will bring it back tomorrow morning,
never had a problem with returns yet, see what happens.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: 1 LB crab meat shot
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 11:24:06 PM »
good luck
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 08:33:55 AM »
they will take it back for sure

Costco rocks

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:22:29 AM »
Ohh Noooo  thud that is terrible. I hope you dont have any problems bringing it back. :-\ That stinks!!! No pun intended  nosmly

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 12:28:24 PM »
Msfish slt clp chrz you have Faith, I never had a problem with any returns there. I placed the Bag with the crab on the counter she asked is this a return, I said yes its bad, she took my American EX Costco card and asked do you want it back on the card  yes I said .  been a member for years and now in Marlboro every store has something different in it. Some sell wine Marlboro not. Al you have to have more Faith Bill chrz

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 12:31:14 PM »
Great!!!!  clp clp

Offline wimpy

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 01:14:43 PM »
Does Philips still import Asian farmed crab?

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »
Whimpy No Idea it say wild caught on the container.
I have used this same crab many times and never had a problem with it. for $17 A POUND can not be beat, Unless you order a pound from a Maryland site at $65 a pound .  rgmn Last year in St Michael Maryland a dozen steamed Crabs and not Jimmies as they call jumbos In a restaurant went also for $65. when I saw that we left and were told that was the going price and were the best tasting crabs on the east coast, rofla Yea right this after they are steamed in Old Bay and hot spices.
And they had no lack of takers  :headscra: Bet not one from Jersey. clp chrz

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 03:29:16 PM »
every store has something different in it.

yea man, Edison rocks most of all:

$17 for a 1.75L Kirkland Silver Tequila; compares favorably to Cuervo at 1/2 the price...

beer and wine too at better than Buy-Rite prices- lots more to love there too

not that I would know from personal experience or anything

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 04:03:44 PM »
 rofla rofla wb

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »
 cfzd almost makes me want to start drinking again  smk smk

Offline wimpy

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 06:21:57 PM »
Why i don't buy Phillips products-Support your Bayman-

In 1990, son Steve Phillips started chapter three in the history of the family business by finding a way to satisfy the growing demand the restaurants had for quality crab meat. He discovered that there was blue swimming crab in Southeast Asia that was nearly identical to the crab in the Chesapeake Bay. Phillips began opening crab processing facilities around the world to meet the demand for crab meat that the domestic market couldn’t fill. Today, the company sells their crab meat to their own restaurant guests, consumers in grocery stores and other restaurant chefs for their own crab dishes.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
Mr. Wimpy support what Bay men  5hrug Where in New Jersey can I buy 1 LB Lump of any processed pasteurized Crab meat. harvested by any Local what you call Bay Men  ??? Last time I looked Phillips employs 1000s throughout the US in many cites. And just do a search for Crab meat on the web and Maryland will jump up Do you have $65. a LB for lump Crab  plus check out the other prices say for Clams  Oysters and so on,I don't, And just for proving a point on Us sea food I would like you to enter ( Coal Point Seafood Homer Alaska ) and just look at the prices .in our Local super markets you will find frozen fish in a bag with Red White and Blue banners on it with the words The Great American Sea food company. Then look its there . Product of China  cfzd support who  5hrug.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-