Author Topic: please read tell me what im missing  (Read 8998 times)

Offline Njoffshore Sheck

please read tell me what im missing
« on: October 01, 2011, 08:00:21 PM »
hey guys ive been into offshore fishing for a while now (1 or 2 years) and ive gotten some some offshore tackle since then. can someone just tell me what i should add to my offshore stuff thanks. ok heres what i got so far,
reels: canyon hs-30 with 80lb braid, and a penn int. 50vsw with 60lb mono.
rods: shimano trevala 50-100lb, penn int.vs 5010awa60 6' 50-100 lb, and a fenwick fenglass igfa30lb class rod.
by the way i need a 30lb class reel for my fenwick rod any recomendations or should i go with another penn int. thanks guys
ps.im only 15
my goal... catching three world record fish by the time im 20... hmmm only 4 1/4 years to go, better get on that asap

Offline Njoffshore Sheck

Re: please read tell me what im missing
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »
 5hrug
my goal... catching three world record fish by the time im 20... hmmm only 4 1/4 years to go, better get on that asap

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 08:24:38 PM »
For a 15 year old u sure got a nice collection of offshore gear t^  Now you only need your own boat!
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Njoffshore Sheck

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 08:26:53 PM »
thanks very much i know '' 50' viking '' thats still a dream though

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 08:52:36 PM »
ahh your young...you can turn that dream to your reality t^ you just gotta work towards it...... slt

Offline Njoffshore Sheck

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 08:57:22 PM »
yeah i know ;D im gunna try my hardest. i wanna run charters soo bad wen i get older

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 10:58:19 PM »
That's a hard one to answer.

I would just look at it like this
Trolling
Jigging
Chunking

thumbs up

Offline Njoffshore Sheck

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 11:54:14 PM »
yeah srry bout that i kno i got trolling and jigging my fenick will be for chuncking. wats a good 30lb class, should i stick with the penn internationals

Offline JFalasco97

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 12:16:40 PM »
ahh your young...you can turn that dream to your reality t^ you just gotta work towards it...... slt

Thats it! Hell when I was your age I used to dream about a 30' Grady White, I got myself a job, saved and just bought a 33' Hydra Sports in May. BTW I just turned 28 in Sept  TT^ Hard work is the key.

As for the gear, i have all Penn Internationals 30s and 50s. I have a Shimano Torium 20 for jigging. All my rods are custom and I'd say, if you have the bank, for $200 a rod you can get custom made rods that's what I did. Def. worth it.
RIP - 2008 Hydra Sports 3300

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 12:22:13 PM »
Maybe a spinning outfit for chunking?   I know on my single trip out for tuna we were chunking, and a spinning reel would have been excellent for getting that bait under the scallop boats.  I'm no offshore guy.....
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline JFalasco97

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 12:26:40 PM »
Maybe a spinning outfit for chunking?   I know on my single trip out for tuna we were chunking, and a spinning reel would have been excellent for getting that bait under the scallop boats.  I'm no offshore guy.....

That's what I realized. I'm looking to get a Accurate 30 spinning outfit soon for that exact reason.

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 12:40:18 PM »
28 and that sweet rig, JF!?  Nice work!  One day I hope to have a vessel to call my own!   slt

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 03:14:55 PM »
hard labor bought mine for me.......work at it and work hard.........

Offline JFalasco97

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 03:31:43 PM »
28 and that sweet rig, JF!?  Nice work!  One day I hope to have a vessel to call my own!   slt

JD, (my names Jason too) I've saved since I was 13. I could've bought a bunch of cars or spent it at bars but I got engaged in July and soon we will need a house, and the only thing I ever wanted was a boat (I was fortunate enough to have parents who built a house in Beach Haven West many years ago so I have a lagoon to dock). I've been heavily into fishing and boating since I was 6 and when I got my job I knew house & boat were the first things on my list to buy. Keep working hard, be dedicated and it will pay off. I thought I'd need to take out a second loan for a boat, but it's amazing how fast it adds up if you make some smart decisions.

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 05:21:27 PM »
 t^

Offline Njoffshore Sheck

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 06:19:42 PM »

Thats it! Hell when I was your age I used to dream about a 30' Grady White, I got myself a job, saved and just bought a 33' Hydra Sports in May. BTW I just turned 28 in Sept  TT^ Hard work is the key.

As for the gear, i have all Penn Internationals 30s and 50s. I have a Shimano Torium 20 for jigging. All my rods are custom and I'd say, if you have the bank, for $200 a rod you can get custom made rods that's what I did. Def. worth it.

i kno im gunna stick with the penn internationals and yes im getting custom rods done soon

Offline Njoffshore Sheck

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 06:24:46 PM »

yeah im getting either a Daiwa Saltist Saltwater Spinning Reel, stella 20000 if i save up, or the new canyon spinner when they come out with it if they do come through, the rod is just gunna be a custom or a shimano trevala 80-200 lb class spinner

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 08:13:30 PM »

If you do, you will have to change your name again.  ;D

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »
NJ, check out the Star Plasmas.  I have two of their conventional jiggers (the H and the XH) and they are great!  Had the Trevala as well, and to me there is no comparison. t^

Offline Njoffshore Sheck

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 08:30:31 PM »
NJ, check out the Star Plasmas.  I have two of their conventional jiggers (the H and the XH) and they are great!  Had the Trevala as well, and to me there is no comparison. t^

thank you very much i will deffinetly look into those do they come in spinners

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-