Author Topic: trim pump not working  (Read 5238 times)

Offline akamoonman

• john
trim pump not working
« on: June 12, 2012, 09:57:01 AM »
Just went out on Saturday all worked fine but you know how boats are... Got back to the dock and the outdrive would not go up... I checked the fuses under the dash as well as the 30amp on the trim pump they are ok... Is there another fuse on the trim pump that I should be looking for.. I heard something about a block fuse back there... Any help would be reat.... 
john R...

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
Re: trim pump not working
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:04:12 AM »
What outdrive is it?

I sent BigAl a diagram-if it's the same I'll send it to you

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:15:31 AM »
I had a similar problem on my I/O. It would only go up, not down. I jumped the soloenoids and it worked up an down. It turned out to be the switch on the control.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline akamoonman

• john
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 10:36:07 AM »
its an alpha one ... I/O....
john R...

Offline akamoonman

• john
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 10:37:16 AM »
it also does not go up or down... Is there a relay on the pump that I should check
john R...

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 10:37:43 AM »
Send it in a few--110 amp block fuse Electrical is at the end of the pages

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »
Same as mine.... Check for corosion on the solonoids at the pump. I don't know of any other fuses than what you mentioned. With an electrical tester check power to the hot side of the solonods. If you have power to them it is probaly going to be the trim switch or the solonoids themselves. They are cheap, replace them both. You can also take a heavy gage wire and jump the solonoid direct to the pump and see if that works. That will help you isolate your problem. Also check the trailering switch. If that works at raising the drive you probably have a trim switch problem.

It shouldn't be that complicated if you have power.

Good luck.

Fred

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 10:41:42 AM »
Same as mine.... Check for corosion on the solonoids at the pump. I don't know of any other fuses than what you mentioned. With an electrical tester check power to the hot side of the solonods. If you have power to them it is probaly going to be the trim switch or the solonoids themselves. They are cheap, replace them both. You can also take a heavy gage wire and jump the solonoid direct to the pump and see if that works. That will help you isolate your problem. Also check the trailering switch. If that works at raising the drive you probably have a trim switch problem.

It shouldn't be that complicated if you have power.

Good luck.

Fred

Dont forget to check your electrical connections that go to your switch. It should be two plug in connectors. They have come loose on mine as well, especially after working around the engine. Go to the pump and trace the wires.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
does it go up when you hit the trailer button? on the trim pump theres a solenoid jump it and see if it moves. If not then you may have a bad pump if so its in the wiring also check for voltage from a good ground to the positive terminal on the solenoid, if you have voltage have someone hit the switch while reading the meter and see if you have a voltage drop this too may indicate a bad pump.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Baitwaster

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 09:53:56 PM »
I had the same problem and it turned out to be a broken wire behind the throttle handle at the pivot point! Might be worth looking at.

Offline leckbass

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 11:02:07 PM »
I had the same problem on my outboard, i was messing with the wires going into the motor and it turned on...Turned out to the connection was going bad inside the  motor, i opened it up and re soldered the connections, been good so far

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-