Author Topic: Sen. Codey: Wildlife Rec. Important  (Read 4077 times)

Offline apmaurosr

Sen. Codey: Wildlife Rec. Important
« on: April 03, 2008, 06:07:36 AM »
FYI
Ant
http://www.njoutdooralliance.org
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senator Codey to Stock Trout to Highlight Statewide Importance of Wildlife-Related Recreation

Division of Fish and Wildlife Programs Continue to Protect and Enhance Natural Resources Essential to New Jerseyans

MOUNTAINSIDE, NJ: With the start of the trout season on Saturday, the New Jersey Fish and Wildlife Coalition (NJOA, JCAA, NJSFSC, TU, Audubon, Conservation Wildlife, etc.) is calling attention to the Department of Environmental Protection's Division of Fish and Wildlife's extensive fish stocking programs. Senator Richard J. Codey will take part in a photo opportunity stocking trout into Lower Echo Lake to highlight the importance of New Jersey's fish and wildlife resources and recreational opportunities.

WHO: Senator Richard J. Codey, Senate President

Joanna Wolaver, New Jersey Audubon Society

Mike Reddiger, New Jersey Trout Unlimited

Fred Bercaw, Newark Bait and Fly Casting Club

WHEN: April 3, 2008 11:00 a.m.
WHERE: Lower Echo Lake, Echo Lake Park
Park Drive Mountainside, New Jersey 07092

DIRECTIONS: From the Garden State Parkway (North or South):
Take Exit #137 onto North Avenue (RT-28) toward Cranford Turn Right on Springfield Avenue (CR-615)
Turn Left on CR-509 Continue on Springfield Ave (CR-577)Turn Left on Mill Lane and continue straight on Park Drive. Proceed into Echo Lake Park.

From the New Jersey Turnpike South:
Take Exit #14 and follow signs for Route 22 West.
Take Route 22 West approximately 8-10 miles to Springfield Avenue (CR-577).
Take the Springfield Avenue jug handle from the right lane and follow it around, up and over Route 22. Take Springfield Avenue approximately � mile.
Turn Right on Mill Lane and continue straight on Park Drive. Proceed into Echo Lake Park.

From West New Jersey:
Take Route 22 East into Mountainside.
Pass the Moutainside Municipal Building on the right (just past New Providence Road) and bear Right toward Mountain Avenue At the Mountain Avenue stop sign, proceed straight into Echo Lake Park.
Follow Park Drive to the other end of the park.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Sen. Codey: Wildlife Rec. Important
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 06:44:06 AM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 09:19:07 AM »
They trump up this when they are closing down 9 other state parks. Great photo shoot. What a bunch of hypocrites!

Parks are for the people to enjoy they beauty of wildlife and nature. Close them up and no one can enjoy them. We used our tax dollars to purchase the land for these parks and now we can not use them.  bngh bngh

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 12:10:13 PM »
Photo op of how good things are going while underneath it's all going to pot.  nosmly  nosmly OK now you got me going. I don't think the State realizes that there are many activities that can be enjoyed in these parks that require no State involvement. Whatever happened to AT YOUR OWN RISK? If I twist an ankle hiking in the woods it is not the trail's fault. If I do get hurt I have a cell phone and know how to use it. I don't need a Ranger there to tell me when I can come and go or collect my entrance fee (what a joke) or bar / unbar the gate. And it is not likely he's going to be needed to help me net my largemouths, either.  Oh yeah I can comprehend and comply with Carry in Carry Out too so I don't even need him to empty my garbage.

This is just another governmental boondoggle being slammed down our throats, based on faulty logic and backed by the biggest blowhards in the business.

I was reading about petitions circulating currently to recall Corzine-- looks legit-- not sure exactly what it would accomplish but it sure would send a message....

Offline apmaurosr

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 06:41:15 AM »
FYI - promoting a "photo op" for Sen. Codey, which is directed at NJ citizenry and meant to advance our interests in outdoor recreation and conservation, is not a political endorsement of Sen. Codey by the NJOA. It is merely coverage of an event meant to bring awareness to issues important to all of us: conservation, outdoor recreation and the important role of the Division of Fish and Wildlife to the people of NJ. He chose fishing to drive home the point - a good choice i'd say ;).

That's it, nothing more.

Ant
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin

Offline apmaurosr

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 07:15:35 AM »
FYI - No mention could be made in the release about the budget cuts.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immeditate Release: Contacts:
April 3, 2008 Liz Silvernail, NJ Fish & Wildlife Coalition, (215) 630-2832

CODEY JOINS NJ FISH & WILDLIFE COALITION TO STOCK ECHO LAKE FOR TROUT SEASON

Coalition Highlights Importance of Fish and Wildlife Programs
to New Jersey's Quality of Life

MOUNTAINSIDE, NJ – To highlight the importance of preserving New Jersey's fish and wildlife resources and recreational opportunities, Senate President Richard J. Codey today joined the New Jersey Fish and Wildlife Coalition to stock trout into Lower Echo Lake. The event is part of the annual preparations undertaken to ready the state's fishes and streams for opening day of trout season this Saturday, which marks the time of year when over 150,000 anglers typically head to their favorite fishing spots.

"New Jersey has so much to offer in terms of outdoor past times," said Senator Codey (D-Essex). "I know generations of families that bond over annual fishing traditions. It's these types of activities that make our state so great. I'd like to thank the members of the Fish and Wildlife Coalition for working so hard to promote and preserve our natural resources and the past times they support."

This marks the twenty-fifth year that the Division's Bureau of Freshwater Fisheries has raised over 570,000 trout at Pequest Trout Hatchery for stocking in New Jersey public waters. Including fish production at the Hacketstown State Fish Hatchery, the Division raises 19 species and distributes over 2.7 million fish to 200 waterways annually.

Among those counting on the state's extensive stocking program are Fred Bercaw, President of the Newark Bait and Fly Casting Club, and the participants in the club's kids fishing derby held for three weeks at Echo Lake Park for the past 26 years. Club members have believed in the importance of teaching kids to fish throughout their hundred year history. "Not only are they learning a wholesome pastime, they are staying off the streets and off drugs," said Fred Bercaw.

Protecting and enhancing New Jersey's fish and wildlife resources and recreational opportunities requires a partnership between state and federal government, conservation and sportsmen's groups, private industry, anglers, hunters and wildlife watchers.

"Together, we can ensure that state residents and visitors alike can continue to enjoy the longstanding tradition of fishing, hunting and wildlife-watching as well as reap the benefits of the $4 billion generated annually in New Jersey by wildlife-related recreation," said Joanna Wolaver, New Jersey Audubon Society.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 07:56:13 AM »
Anthony, please do not feel that my post was in any way a slam at you or the outdoor alliance. It definately was not. I feel you and the alliance do an outstanding job. I do understand that it was not an endorcement for Codey or anyone else and the coverage was for the benefit of our sport.

My post was directed at the politicians who want everyone to see thru rose colored glasses.
As you said, 'no mention could be made in the release about the budget cuts'. Why, because that would have proved that what they did in the release was a half-truth. They say how important the outdoors are to the citizens but close nine parks. One thing goes entirely against the other. Sort of like saying, 'We must cut down on drunk driving, I'll toast to that!' as we raise our shot glasses. Kinda throws the original statement out of the door.

I am just so discusted with the politicians having words come out of their mouths that contradict what they are actually doing.

The pols praise the fishing and wildlike programs but then fall right in line and want to change the fishing and wildlife council. Why fix what ain't broke? They want to replace true outdoors men and women with antis who they know will politic to shut down the hunting and fishing at their first oportunity.

Anthony, please keep up your good work. Without people like you, who put in so much of your precious time, we would be worse off than what we are. I do support the NJOutdoor Alliance and the work that it does. Thank you for your fine organization.

Joe
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 11:14:14 AM »
 whs    chrz

I do like my state parks (open) though

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-