Author Topic: Hampton Bays Sat Aug 30th Report  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
Hampton Bays Sat Aug 30th Report
« on: September 02, 2008, 10:21:47 AM »
Met Steve & John at 5:45 am on Sat.It was raining steady the entire trip going east.As soon as we got off of the LIE it started pouring.1st stop we made was Rite Aid we needed to pick up some rain poncho's.Steve Parked the truck at the Ponquogue Bridge on the North side and we walked onto the pier.A Bunch of guys were leaving and I asked them what they caught & they said nothing.We took several casts but the eel grass was a pain in the arse.I started casting metal's and the Cocktail Blues were all over the jigs.Caught several cocktail Blues and cut 1 up for Bait.I tie on a 2/0 hook and flat line a strip of Bluefish and drop it near a piling and hooked up right away.I reel the fish in and it's a tropical fish.Steve took a picture and I released the fish.As soon as I get the pics Back I will post the pic so someone can tell me what kind of tropical fish it was.A half hr goes by & we lost tide and we decided to hit the beach.I look west and I knew more rain was on the way.It poured even harder.We were so wet it didn't matter.We all wadded in the water and started catching more cocktail Blues & short Fluke.The tide was going out fast & we all decided to stop fishing & go Clamming.We all took turns raking and in no time we had alot of Clams.At 3:45 pm we packed up our stuff & went to Happy Hr for some cold beers & oysters.After that we left the bar and went over to JT'S for Burgers & Beer before making the trip back home.A wet start but all & all a great day !
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 12:23:58 PM by Art Berkman »

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Hampton Bays Sat Aug 30th Report
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:41:49 AM »
 TT^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline FINITALIA2

• 43.8lbs. 49in.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 07:18:15 PM »
 t^

Offline dikdanger

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 11:53:11 PM »
aweaome...  I miss the hamptons...  I worked in the bars out ther 10 yrs ago...  great fishen
Fishey Fishey in the bay... Come and bite my Hook TODAY !!!

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:57:15 PM »
Great report and nice catch!  I look forward to your pics.  I like playing "guess the fish!"

TT^

Offline dikdanger

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 12:17:31 AM »
it was a sunny for sure...  hahahhaaa...  mutated of course
Fishey Fishey in the bay... Come and bite my Hook TODAY !!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-