Author Topic: fluke fishing sat.  (Read 2918 times)

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
fluke fishing sat.
« on: May 21, 2007, 01:15:38 PM »
with the opener comming this saterday I was wondering who was gonna be heading out there and try for some flat fish.I am gonna be out there with fluke dood for a half a day fluke then switch over to bass fishin if it dont pan out. whats your opinions think there here well enough yet

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
Re: fluke fishing sat.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 04:54:52 PM »
I'm planning on fluking aboard one of the morning boats out of Atlantic Highlands Saturday morning. I think they'll be a decent number of keeper fluke caught (even with the 1/2" increase in minimum size) on saturday and Sunday too.

I plan on dragging bait as well as bouncing a bucktail for the flatties.

I'll also be out Saturday late afternoon/early evening on a bass trip.

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 06:45:42 PM »
Hi Catfish,

I plan to out off of Long Branch in the morning and look for the Stripers when heading back to the Manasquan Inlet in the afternoon.

I am sure it will be a wet and bumpy ride back but that is my plan.

Thanks,

Capt. Ed

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 06:50:12 PM »
with the opener comming this saterday I was wondering who was gonna be heading out there and try for some flat fish.I am gonna be out there with fluke dood for a half a day fluke then switch over to bass fishin if it dont pan out. whats your opinions think there here well enough yet

I would bass fish first then fluke fish.  The bass are usually better in the morning. 
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Ruger314

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 07:47:14 PM »
Depending  what the boat traffic looks like I would fish for bass first then fluke or try for fluke in the shallows early and run for bass later..Its 50/50 longshot either way.. Good luck I'm working Saturday.

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 09:02:42 PM »
Hi Guys,

If I were heading out early I would do that. I plan a mid-morning start and chase bass on the jetties in the late afternoon as I head south.

Thanks for the advice,

Capt. Ed

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 01:28:28 PM »
Capt Ed.
I will be out both days on the weekend.  Give the Irish Ayes a shout on 68 if you see me.  I will be anywhere from Shark River to Shrewsbury Rocks looking for the fluke.  Gonna start on my in close spots (don't want to ride past fish) and work out to 5 miles or so.  See where I can find the flatties.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-